Director - HHPC
|Job Description Summary||
Worksite: SJC Main Campus, Farmington, NM
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
|Duties & Responsibilities||
• Oversees the daily operations of the HHPC fitness center, gymnasium, indoor track, climbing wall, rental center, outdoor challenge course, group exercise program, assessment lab and special events.
• Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel.
• Prepares, monitors and recommends budgets and capital improvements for the HHPC.
• Supervises the coordination of facility use by outside groups.
• Reviews and updates facility policies and procedures, employee manuals, and staff training processes.
• Schedules and conduct regular HHPC administrative staff meetings.
• Supervises the recruitment, selection, training, scheduling and evaluation of all HHPC hourly support and work-study staff.
• Prepares periodic reports.
• Approves employee leave and new staff contracts.
• Reviews and approves documents and agreements with other programs and groups.
• Manages the reservation and rental process.
• Develops and implements rental price structures.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of facilities management principles.
• Knowledge of event scheduling and management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of personnel management principles.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Dean assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied management and administrative duties. The variety of tasks to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate the operations and programs of the Health and Human Performance Center. Success in this position results in the efficiency and effectiveness of center operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, high school students and teachers, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office or outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, grease, and machinery with moving parts. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over assigned personnel.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three to five years experience or service.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Candidates selected for interview will provide three letters of recommendation by the scheduled date of interview. Official Transcripts are required if selected as a finalist.
Posting Detail Information