Associate Director, Financial Aid
Associate Director, Financial Aid
The Associate Director, Financial Aid leads the daily operations and customer service efforts within the office. This position also assists the Director of Financial Aid with leadership, management, and the compliance requirements associated with the processing of approximately $81 million in financial aid funds. This position may assume the role of Director in the absence of the Director of Financial Aid and requires the ability to manage many projects at one time. This position oversees the Student Employment department, the financial aid file review process, communications, the Satisfactory Academic Progress review, appeals and collaborates with other departments to ensure a smooth and effective process. This position also assists with ensuring fiscal integrity and accurate spending levels.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
Experience with and the ability to: Interpret federal, state, and College regulations and policies to determine eligibility for need-based federal, state, and institutional financial aid;
• Extremely comfortable using Banner Financial Aid, having at least 3 years of experience doing so;
• Experience supervising staff members; successfully built a team that can both award and work with families regarding affordability;
• Ability to award financial aid and assist with file review/verification process, including IM and FM need analysis calculations; familiarity with both undergraduate and graduate financial aid regulations;
• Experience managing many programs within financial aid – Direct Lending, alternative education loan processing, Work-Study, State Programs, Pell Grant; etc.;
• Have strong communication skills that include the ability to present information in a public manner as well as one-on-one meetings. Excellent written skills is also expected;
• Ability to train staff members in various areas of financial aid;
• Inquisitive and analytical, with strong critical thinking skills. S/he will have the ability to solve problems, including the ability to help non-experts understand policies and processes;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and successfully prioritize tasks; and
• Commitment to and ability to work with diverse populations.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of experience in financial aid; At least 3 years of experience using Banner Financial Aid or comparable system.
Preferred/Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
Master’s Degree and at least 7 years of experience in financial aid with at least 3 years of experience using Banner Financial Aid, 3 years of experience supervising full-time employees, and demonstrated progression within the a financial aid environment.
Required Prior Work Experience
At least 5 years of experience within a financial aid office supervising full-time employees, overseeing programs, training staff, and communicating effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Open Until Filled
Individual Work Activities
Management: Responsible for the effective management of three direct reports, providing professional development opportunities and effective communication and evaluation.
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu