Head Women's Basketball Coach
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Part-Time Faculty Position starting Summer/Fall Semester, 2014
Salary Example: $2,064 – $2,390 for a two-unit Athletics lab course/semester, depending on experience Plus Head Coach Stipend
Application packets must be submitted to Mr. Chris Warden, Dean of Kinesiology, Athletics and Newark Campus, Ohlone College, 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539 or CWarden@ohlone.edu by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 16, 2014. Note: The College reserves the right to continue or close the Recruitment at any time.
Under the direction of the Dean of Kinesiology, Athletics, and Newark Campus, perform all duties normally expected of a community college head coach including the following:
- Recruitment of players, scheduling contests, plan and supervision of practices, games and travel, assist in hiring assistant coaches, maintain positive relationships with all feeder programs, prepare budgets, conduct fundraising activities, adhere to district, conference and CCCAA regulations, and teach Athletic, Kinesiology, Physical Education, and/or Health classes designed to support the department and enhance women’s basketball.
- Coaching and teaching assignments not to exceed 67% in any single semester.
Masters Degree in physical education or related field with two years of coaching women’s basketball.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – Required:
- BA Degree and two years of professional basketball coaching experience OR AA Degree and six years of professional basketball coaching experience*
*NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT MEET MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS STATED, A COMPLETED EQUIVALENCY FORM WITH ALL RELATED DOCUMENTS MUST ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION OR YOUR PACKET WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Note: This form is available at http://www.ohlone.edu/org/hr/jobs/jobapplications.html
- 2. Evidence of sensitive to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The following should be submitted:
- Completed Ohlone College Part-Time Academic application form which may be obtained from the Ohlone College website at http://www.ohlone.edu/org/hr/jobs/jobapplications.html NOTE: Failure to submit an Ohlone Part-Time Academic application may eliminate the applicant from consideration.
- Current resume, including cover letter addressing qualifications and experience relating to the position.
- Transcripts desired (photocopies will be accepted for the application process).
- List of current professional growth activities (classes/workshops/seminars, etc.) on a separate sheet.
- List of a minimum of 3 professional references including name, position, organization, phone number, email address, and relationship.
- All materials submitted with your application will be considered for this opening only, become District property, and will not be returned.
- Applications may be sent to Mr. Chris Warden, Dean of Kinesiology, Athletics and Newark Campus, or emailed to CWarden@ohlone.edu
- All applicants will be screened based on the information provided in this announcement. Interviews will be conducted by invitation only.
- All travel arrangements will be at the applicant’s expense
OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT: A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California; serving 11,000 students per year The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark Campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The District is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and to hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our community. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding or related medical condition or any other protected basis in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
If you have a disability and are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the Human Resources office at: (510) 659-6088.