Coordinator for Fraternity & Sorority Life
The Coordinator for Fraternity & Sorority Life is responsible for providing support to all Greek letter organizations at KSU associated with the Interfraternity Council (IFC), the Panhellenic Council (CPC), the National PanHellenic Council (NPHC), the Multicultural Greek Council (MGC), and the Greek honor societies Order of Omega and Gamma Sigma Alpha. The individual in this position will serve as a member of a team of professionals who support the KSU Fraternity & Sorority community through leadership development, academic support, service learning, risk management awareness, alcohol/drug education, and educational experiences for individual members, chapters, and councils. This position will also provide direct advisement for one or two of the councils (IFC, CPC, NPHC, MGC), attending all meetings and coordinating all activities of those councils, and meeting regularly with individual chapters and officers of each chapter and council.
This position reports to the Assistant Director for Fraternity & Sorority Life. This position may provide day-to-day direction and guidance to various support staff and student assistants assigned to the OFSL.
General OFSL Responsibilities
- Along with other OFSL staff members, ensure that all students in the fraternity & sorority community enjoy an environment that is physically and emotionally safe, secure, supportive of the educational process, and is designed to hold individuals and groups responsible for their behavior.
- Initiate and/or support educational programming including, but not limited to, drug/alcohol awareness, career preparation, and hazing prevention.
- Facilitate proper navigation of student requests through University policies and procedures and act as a liaison between Fraternity & Sorority students and University Faculty/Staff and departments.
- Assist the Assistant Director and other staff members in the coordination of major fraternity & sorority campus events, including Greek Week, Homecoming, Meet the Greeks, Greek Retreat, Greek Awards, and all other traditional Student Life programs and activities.
- Assist with coordinating extension, expansion, and chartering efforts for new chapters.
- Initiate and/or support Public Relations initiatives for the OFSL, Student Life, and any/all councils or chapters.
- Assist with oversight of the two Greek Honors societies – Order of Omega and Gamma Sigma Alpha.
- Provide administrative support for KSU fraternity colonies and chapters. Collaborate with Student Life Business Affairs Manager regarding information related to fraternity & sorority financial matters.
- Collaborate with Student Life Reservations Coordinator regarding information related to fraternity & sorority events.
- Maintain Fraternity & Sorority Life website, Council website, and all website content.
- Serve as a front-line information provider for questions related to Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Be a primary representative of the University’s Fraternity & Sorority community to external constituencies (parents, alumni, community leaders, etc.).
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Director, the OFSL staff, and the Department of Student Life staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of OFSL.
- Assume primary responsibility for advising one council, including all aspects of recruitment, selection, and training of council members.
- Serve as the primary organizer for recruitment, working with the council to create the recruitment schedule, maintaining a presence at all formal recruitment events, and coordinating the bid distribution process.
- Maintain statistics related to fraternities at KSU including GPAs, grade reports, chapter rosters, membership numbers, service activities, recruitment numbers, etc.
- Meet with each chapter president (for the council which will be advised) at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Attend weekly council meetings, monthly advisor meetings, and executive board meetings for the council in which is being advised.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. Seehttps://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/sites/web.kennesaw.edu.hr/files/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience OR a High School diploma and 2 years of college coursework and 6 years of related experience OR High School diploma and 8 years.