Dean, Academic Operations - Nursing - St. Louis, MO with Relocation
Job ID 2014-55231
# Positions 1
Location US-MO-St Louis
Posted Date 4/25/2014
Division Chamberlain College of Nursing
The Dean of Academic Operations is responsible for the direct management of the Academic Operations areas that support Academics including, Skills Lab, Center for Academic Success, Clinical Coordinators and where appropriate, Library Services. The Dean provides leadership to these areas to ensure all areas work collaboratively together so that positive student outcomes are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Academics to ensure all areas of Academic Operations support and align with curricula so that the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction can be obtained.
- Works collaboratively with national skills lab manager to ensure the labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding level and type of equipment.
- Prepares capital requests for the labs as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified lab staff.
- Ensure the Center for Academic Success (CAS) is effectively staffed by qualified NCLEX and SOS tutors by participating in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitors their performance.
- Works collaboratively with the Dean of Academic Success to develop and implement appropriate CAS programs and develops appropriate measures to monitor success.
- Monitors effectiveness of CAS and implements action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Works with library staff to ensure holdings continue to support the curriculum and that they are reviewed and vetted through the library committee.
- Works collaboratively with national clinical staff to ensure Clinical Coordinators best represent Chamberlain in developing and fostering positive clinical partnerships.
- Responsible for ensuring that both clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs by aligning with Academics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- This position may be required to carry a small course load.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MSN required.
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- Minimum three years experience in a leadership role within a hospital setting and/or other clinical setting such as a physician practice or clinic.
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Experienced with database administration – MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working with a matrix management system which will include the Dean of Academic Affairs, the local Campus Dean and all local faculties.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.