Dean, Academic Affairs - Nursing - Arlington, VA with Relocation
Job ID 2013-46117
# Positions 1
Posted Date 4/25/2014
Division Chamberlain College of Nursing
The Dean of Academic Affairs (DAA) is directly responsible for the management, supervision, delivery and continuity of the academic programs at the campus level. The Dean organizes, supervises and directs a professional staff, including full-time and adjunct faculty, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with College objectives. Through direct oversight and leadership to the Academic Operations areas, (Skills Lab, Center for Academic Success, Clinical Coordinators and where appropriate Library Services), the DAA is responsible for assuring the students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation of Chamberlain’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and community.
- Serves as role model for and provides leadership to faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
- Participates in the recruiting of and responsible for the selection and onboarding of qualified faculty.
- Provides leadership to the Academic Operations staff.
- Participates in the recruiting of and is responsible for the selection and onboarding of qualified professional Academic Operations staff.
- Communicates with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Monitors student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time NCLEX-RN pass rates and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to address any areas not meeting Chamberlain standards.
- Contributes to the development of annual budgets for both academic and academic operations areas.
- Coordinates standardized testing including ordering and distribution of materials, overseeing exams, and evaluating effectiveness of curriculum.
- Serves as resource person, mentor and policy interpreter for students experiencing difficulties not resolved with an instructor or advisor.
- Exercises leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Positively represents Chamberlain to professional groups, organizations and the community at large as well as to DeVry, Inc.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing required
- Doctorate degree or credits towards doctorate degree preferred.
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Five years full time experience in nursing education required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong and effective customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.