Appointment Type: Administrative/Professional Faculty
Department: Pharmacy Professnl Instr 331000 PHR
Position Summary: Oregon State University College of Pharmacy seeks an individual to assume leadership as Director of Assessment and Faculty Development. The Director of Assessment and Faculty Development is a full time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Associate Dean. The College of Pharmacy has a comprehensive educational program encompassing professional, post-professional, and graduate missions, in addition to an ongoing commitment to advance health care through research and scholarship.
The office for this position may be located in either Corvallis or Portland depending on the preference of the successful applicant. Work will be required to be performed in both Corvallis and Portland which will require travel between the two locations. The office in Corvallis is located on the main OSU campus. The office in Portland will be located in the Collaborative Life Sciences Building on the lower Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) campus.
The Director of Assessment and Faculty Development will be expected to work collaboratively and constructively with faculty, administrators, and academic support staff to articulate desired educational outcomes; develop and implement a systematic outcomes assessment plan; identify, refine, and implement instruments and methods to assess program effectiveness; oversee the collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of assessment data; and ensure that results are used as part of a continual improvement process.
The position will report to the Executive Associate Dean, and collaborate with the curriculum, graduate studies, and assessment committees; as well as the Oregon State University Office of Assessment and the Oregon Health and Sciences University Assessment Council.
Position Duties: 50% Lead planning, development, implementation, and oversight for curricular and programmatic assessment activities across the College of Pharmacy.
- Create processes to monitor performance and achievement of professional program curricular outcomes for individual students.
- Assist faculty members and administrators in articulating educational outcomes, and developing and implementing a systematic outcomes assessment plan.
- Develop an overall assessment plan and monitor progress of the strategic plan in support of a continual improvement process for all aspects of the College's mission.
- Oversee administrative support staff and students by planning, assigning, and reviewing their work.
20% Collect, compile, and analyze data required to support accreditation assessment expectations.
- Design, collect, analyze, and report assessment data necessary to support a continual improvement process and to meet ACPE accreditation requirements for assessment of student learning and overall achievement of the College mission.
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Services and OSU to produce data at the program level that will inform analysis of program effectiveness (e.g., program admissions and retention data, course grade analysis) for both the graduate and the professional programs.
20% Advocate and cultivate faculty development in teaching, assessment and pedagogic diversity.
- Support faculty scholarship of teaching and assessment in the areas of pharmacy and graduate education.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and OSU Center for Teaching and Learning, OSU e-Campus, and OHSU Teaching and Learning Center.
- Serve on the College of Pharmacy Assessment committee.
- Represent the College on the Oregon State University Assessment Council and the Oregon Health and Sciences University Assessment Council.
Position Duties (continued):
Working Conditions/Work Schedule: This position will be required to drive between Corvallis and Portland in order to meet with faculty and stakeholders to carry out duties of this position.
Minimum/Required Qualifications: Doctorate degree in Education (Ed.D.), or a professional degree in a health related field.
A demonstrated understanding of assessment and programmatic evaluation.
Experience in the development and use of assessment instruments.
Strong research design skills and experience in data analysis, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
Two years of experience in assessment or accreditation related activities.
Familiarity with health sciences education and accreditation procedures.
Strong interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with diverse audiences.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OAR 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months.
This position requires driving a University vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the University; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Motor Vehicle History Check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions (as per Voluntary and Compulsory Driver Standards OAR 125-155-0200) as per OAR 576-056-0000 et seq.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications: Experience with health sciences professional education, accreditation standards, and accreditation processes.
Demonstrated expertise in implementation of a continual improvement process supported by a comprehensive assessment plan.
Experience in teaching, utilizing a diversity of pedagogical approaches.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Scholarly Outcomes for Position (academic faculty only):
Posting Date: 04-02-2014
For Full Consideration Date: 05-15-2014
Closing Date: 05-30-2014
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Posting Number: 0012209
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63843PI76581587