Instructional Media Designer
The Instructional Media Designer collaborates with the Director of Learning Design and Engagement and other eLearning team members to develop, implement and support instructional technologies for online courses at Azusa Pacific University College (UC). This includes supporting the creation and integration of rich media, digital resources and functional components. The holder of this position follows best practices in online course development, interface design and interaction design. The Instructional Media Designer works as a member of a team of technology and media design specialists in a higher education setting.
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of University College and the Azusa Pacific University System
- Bachelor's degree in instructional technology, design, education or related field
- Minimum of two years work experience in instructional design, curriculum development with subject matter experts to develop content
- Demonstrated experience in design of media for print and web required
- Solid and current knowledge of web 2.0 and social media
- Production experience in a distance education, training, and/or digital media environment, including experience/competence in developing online courses using design tools such as Photoshop, HTML/CSS (or other web development languages);
Desired Experience Education
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional media design, and/or graphic design, web media design and practices
- Minimum 3 years work experience in higher education, with substantial experience converting content for, setting up and supporting online learning courses.
- Experience working in Adobe Flash and/or Adobe Captivate or Presenter
- Experience with learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
- Familiarity with video production and online video compression formats
- Experience in producing interactive learning objects such as interactive presentations and/or ebooks
- Experience with academic institutions and adult learners
- Prepares, creates and/or converts various types of content for online courses, including text, graphics, and rich media, using a variety of media and web content applications
- Work with Managing Architect of eLearning and elearning team members to identify and implement innovative technologies that provide platforms for collaborative and engaging student learning experiences
- Be a part of a team developing multiple courses at a time within a two- to three-month timeframe
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Managing Architect of eLearning
University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For the complete listing and to apply, please visit https://uc.applicantstack.com/x/openings