Collegiate High School Substitute Teacher - (CHS - Lakeland) (140026)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State College, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This part-time instructional position is an excellent opportunity to help shape tomorrow’s leaders. This position offers day or night teaching assignments located at one of our Polk County campuses or centers. We offer a collaborative, creative, and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the campus Collegiate High School Director, the high school substitute is an important part of our academic community. The primary role of this position is to fill in temporarily for an absent high school teacher and to provide adequate supervision of students while following the lesson plans provided by the absent high school faculty member. High School substitute teachers will be contacted as needed and will be assigned the teaching assignment of an absent high school faculty member for a designated number of days.
High School substitutes are paid at a rate of $33.34/hr.
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, following lesson plans provided by high school.
- Prepare and submit timely attendance and grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required or requested.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating the lesson plans provided by high school.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
Teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
- Reference checks and Level II background checks (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- A completed online application consists of:
- an electronic job application,
- cover letter,
- current vita/resume,
- Florida Department of Education Teaching Certificate or Statement of Eligibility, and
- unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- This position will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 25, 2014.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: When uploading unofficial transcripts, please redact any of the following items which appear on the transcript: Social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation.
- Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Note : Relocation assistance is NOT provided for this position.
Polk State College receives and reviews adjunct and substitute teacher applications on an ongoing basis in order to pre-qualify applicants for future hiring needs on all campuses. Once a candidate's application is reviewed for qualification status and approved, the candidate will be placed in a Qualified pool and will be contacted in the future if a hiring need in that discipline arises. An offer will then be extended for a particular semester assignment and a campus location.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.