Head Cheer Coach
The Head Spirit Coach is responsible for choreographing and teaching cheer and dance routines to the cheerleading and dance squads. This includes setting and conducting practice times after academic classes and supervision of the squad at all events where they perform. Additionally, the coach must set and conduct annual tryouts to select new members of the cheerleading and dance squads.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experiences:
- Master's degree preferred
- Previous cheering, dance and coaching experience at the collegiate level strongly preferred
- NCAA cheering safety certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel
- Budgetary and procurement experience preferred
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Supervise at least one (possibly two) assistant cheerleading coaches as well as the dance team instructor
- Travel to all "away" football games, the squad must be accompanied by the head coach or an assistant coach under the supervision of the head coach. Some travel may also be required during basketball season
- Assist in the development of the budget for the cheerleading and dance program and in monitoring actual expenditures against the budget
- Purchase uniforms, warm-ups, supplies, etc. for the cheerleading and dance squads requiring a degree of planning and management so that needed items are ordered early enough to allow sufficient time for delivery by the date needed.
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Primary Location TN-Nashville-McGugin Complex
Organization Recreation Administration 183510PI76390018