RESEARCH TECHNICIAN - Psychology
This is a grant funded, 2 year limited appointment position. This position is not eligible for severance pay.
We are seeking a full time Research Technician to assist with all aspects of our cognitive neuroscience and psycholinguistic research. Our lab is interested in where and when the brain is activated during language processing in healthy individuals and in patients with schizophrenia. For more information about what we do, see: http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/kuperberglab/.
The responsibilities of this position are very varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of research projects, ranging from collecting neuroimaging (fMRI) and electrophysiological (event-related potential: ERP) data. This position also includes administrative responsibilities requiring coordination across multiple departments encompassing the Tufts Cognitive Science program. Administrative responsibilities would include maintenance of program documentation and student databases, program evaluations and progress reports, coordination of events and graduate student admissions.
In addition to the intellectual reward, the Research Technician position would give the holder experience of research in experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics or cognitive psychology. Our lab has sites at both Tufts University (Medford, MA) and the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging (Charlestown, MA), both of which are easily accessible from Boston, MA.
(1)B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, computer science, or a closely related field.
(2) Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.
(3) Very strong quantitative and analytic skills and comfort with programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
(4) Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS.
(5) Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized; able to multi-task and prioritize.
(6) Strong computational skills including ability to manage databases in excel.
(7) Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
(8) A two-year time commitment is requested.
Previous experience on ERP data collection and analysis
CONTACT: Please email the following to Gina Kuperberg, M.D., Ph.D., email@example.com:
(1) A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, specific research and administrative experience, detailing how your skills match the job description, as well as describing your aims for the future. (2) A CV that includes courses you have taken together with your GPA and grades, as well as a description of your research experience. (3) The names and contact details of three references.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgounds.