ASSOCIATE CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR - Purchasing
The mission of the Purchasing Office is to provide the Tufts' community access to the highest value of goods and services in a manner consistent with the University's mission, ensuring stewardship, quality, best practices, compliance and education.
The Associate Contract Administrator will oversee existing supplier relationships to ensure continuous process improvement and to further enhance the customer-supplier relationship. S/he is responsible for identifying new strategic sourcing opportunities and working collaboratively with university stakeholders to develop and implement strategies that meet university needs; leverage spend and produce best-in class supplier contracts. Other responsibilities include reviewing and processing POs and contracts, explaining and guiding the university community and its suppliers regarding purchasing and government policies, procedures and initiatives, while remaining abreast of changing business trends which may potentially impact the university.
- Three (3) years of related procurement experience in higher education, government or corporate environment. Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook and Visio.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers. Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Experience with management and facilitation of high profile projects. Proven ability to collaborate with diverse groups and proactively engage with the community to promote new initiatives. Ability to negotiate competitive supplier contracts.
- Strong research, problem-solving and analytical skills along with an ability to analyze and streamline applicable business processes. Ability to understand and work with vendor, project costing models.
- Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detailed oriented with strong project management skills, with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Professional certification is preferred.
- Experience with online procurement systems (preferably PeopleSoft) and an understanding of the fundamentals of e-commerce are strongly preferred.
- Preferred professional knowledge and experience in principles, practices and trends of procurement policies, applicable laws and competitive solicitation practices. Thorough knowledge of the University's Procurement Policy and Procedures, and a basic working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and contract law.
- Demonstrated expertise in independently drafting and analyzing RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, contracts, business documents and/or other agreements while assuring compliance with applicable laws, guidelines and prime contract terms.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.