Lecturer - Community Nutrition
Requisition Title:Lecturer - Community Nutrition - 1400815
Job Field:Limited Term (Lecturer)
Faculty / Division:Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Department:Public Health, Dalla Lana School of
Campus:St. George (downtown Toronto)
Job Posting:Apr 24, 2014
Job Closing:May 8, 2014
The Dalla Lana School of Public Health (DLSPH) at the University of Toronto invites applications for a three-year .8FTE limited term teaching-stream appointment at the rank of Lecturer. The successful candidate will serve as the Associate Director of the Community Nutrition Field of the Masters of Public Health Program. The appointment will commence July 1, 2014 and end on June 30th, 2017.
We seek individuals with significant practice experience in public health nutrition and in teaching and learning in public health and dietetics. Applications are encouraged from candidates with:
- Demonstrated expertise in public health nutrition practice
- Experience teaching public health and nutrition-related courses at the graduate level
- Community relations and partnership building experience
- Preceptor support and training experience
- Familiarity with competencies for dietetic education
- Knowledge of professional accreditation processes
- Familiarity with public health nutrition practice requirements in Ontario
- Experience with innovative education and curriculum design and development
- Knowledge of ethics and jurisprudence guidelines for dietetic practice in Ontario
- Demonstrated health professional education expertise
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree (eg PhD, MHSc, MPH, MEd) in Public Health Nutrition, Education or related field
- Eligibility for membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Minimum five years practice in community or public health dietetics
- Teaching and education leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and mentorship skills
The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the teaching of courses in the MPH Community Nutrition program and to contribute to practicum and preceptor support and development. Evidence of teaching excellence is required. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Dalla Lana School of Public Health, which began as one of four Rockefeller Foundation-supported Schools of Hygiene in 1927, and in 2013 became a standalone faculty of Public Health, is a regional and global leader in public health education, research and service, with the largest concentrations of academic population and public health researchers in Canada. The DLSPH has a rich history of research and training. The DLSPH is making major contributions in areas such as chronic disease, infectious disease, and genetic epidemiology; public health policy; social determinants of health and social epidemiology; global health; addictions; occupational and environmental health; and biostatistics methodological research. Research and training are conducted in a trans-disciplinary environment with collaborators throughout the University, such as its top-rated schools of medicine, nursing, engineering, law, and business; with closely affiliated government agencies; and with a wide range of global partners. The DLSPH has recently begun an ambitious program of expansion and new initiatives in the health of cities and communities, global health equity and innovation, and the integration of public health with primary care, with scholarship in epidemiology playing a key role. Details can be found by exploring the DLSPH website (http://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/).
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, names and contact details of at least three referees, and a statement outlining current and future interests related to the position. If you have questions about this position, please contact email@example.com. All application materials should be submitted online. The closing date for the job is May 8, 2014.
The UofT application system can accommodate up to five attachments (10MB) per candidate profile; please combine attachments into one or two files in PDF/MS Word format. Submission guidelines can be found at: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply.
For more information on the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, please visit our website at: http://www.dlsph.utoronto.ca/.
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priorityPI76341683