Media Technician I-Lakeland (140036)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This staff position reports to the Supervisor and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Media Technology Services group. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a career staff support position reporting to the Media Technical Supervisor. This position is responsible for a variety of semi to moderately routine clerical/technical functions in support of the audio-visual distribution center. A moderate amount of judgment/decision making is required in the analysis of problems and situations under limited supervision.
- Perform technical set-up for video, audio and multi-image presentation and provide technical support
- Video and audio tape live college classes, programs and events..
- Operate integrated classroom systems
- Pick-up and delivery of equipment to classrooms and provide operating support to users.
- Duplicate video-tapes.
- Assist in inventory of audio-visual equipment and supplies
- Maintains Regular Attendance.
This position is a level C13. Please review the Job Description and Polk State College Salary Schedule here to ensure our pay ranges are within your compensation expectations. Generally, for exempt positions, starting salaries are between the minimum and the midpoint (benchmark). For Career (non-exempt positions), it is between a Step 0 and a Step 5 on the appropriate level.
- Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
- The ability to establish an effective rapport with part-time and full-time faculty
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to use a personal computer and window based software..
Graduation from a standard high school (or equivalent).
Eighteen months of related work experience is required.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
- Unofficial transcripts are also required to be uploaded for all salaried (Professional/Technical, Administrative, & Executive) and instructional positions.
- Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcripts is welcomed, but not required, during the application process. However, official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the Documentation Form to apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 11:59PM on Sunday, May 11, 2014.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.