Television / Radio Production Specialist
Television / Radio Production Specialist
Ventura County Community College District
Posting Number 0602483
Employee Type Classified
Job Category Classified
The eligibility list being established will be used to fill positions in this classification for the duration of the list, not to exceed one year. The immediate vacancy is a 12-month, 100% position at Moorpark College.
Under the direction of a Dean, provide technical guidance to students and instructors in the design and development of instructional media; provide technical assistance in operations and activities of the television and/or radio production facilities and related equipment; maintain and repair theatre and studio equipment; train students, instructors and other employees in the proper operation of equipment; assist students with projects and assignments.
Instruct and assist students, faculty and other employees in the proper operation and functioning of television and/or radio equipment; advise faculty and staff on the uses of instructional television; recommend equipment to students for video production projects. E
Provide technical guidance to instructors in the design and development of instructional media; provide technical assistance in operations and activities of the television production facilities. E
Train students in video production techniques; provide technical direction related to set design, lighting design and audio mixing techniques. E
Adjust, maintain and repair television and/or radio studio and theatre equipment; refer repair needs to appropriate authority and arrange for major repairs as necessary. E
Direct and produce television productions; develop video production concepts for instructional, safety, promotional, and outreach videos for campus. E
Establish operating procedures and proper maintenance schedules for technical television and/or radio studio and distribution equipment. E
Determine appropriate recording and rehearsal schedules for studio, portable and remote units and systems. E
Requisition supplies and equipment as necessary; assist administration in developing specifications for major equipment purchases. E
Maintain records of technical servicing and repair activities. E
Design and fabricate special audio and visual systems for production, editing and remote video taping functions. E
Set up and prepare studio and television control room for production; oversee the editing of television productions. E
Provide work direction and guidance to student assistants. E
Operate a variety of machinery and equipment such as electronic testing equipment, soldering equipment and various television studio equipment. E
Perform related duties as assigned.
E= Essential duties
Any combination equivalent to: Completion of two years of college course work with an emphasis in television, media production or related field and two years experience in television production
- Techniques and methods of directing and producing television and/or radio productions
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the technical operation of television and/or radio production facilities
- Basic principles of electrical theory
- Technical aspects of field of specialty
- Oral communications skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- State of the art broadcasting and communications equipment
- Computer relations relative to broadcasting
- Direct and produce television and/or radio productions
- Provide technical assistance in operations and activities of the television and/or radio production facilities
- Operate, service and make minor repairs on equipment
- Provide information and assistance to others regarding the operation, use and care of equipment
- Read and interpret technical directions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Plan and organize work
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Train and provide work direction to others
- Hearing and speaking to communicate with students and instructors
- Seeing to observe quality of television production
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Bending at the waist
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate television and/or radio studio and diagnostic equipment
- Standing for extended periods of time
Closing Date: 05-08-2014
To apply, visit: http://jobs.vcccd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54540
Required Applicant Documents:
Documents not to exceed 2mb maximum
EXAMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
This is an examination open to the public and current district employees seeking a promotional opportunity. To ensure consideration, please submit your application materials by May 8, 2014.
The examination process will consist of the following components:
A) Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E) = Qualifying (pass/fail)
B) Technical Interview = 100% weighting on final score
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications stated by the filing deadline in order to move forward in the testing process. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will have their application materials reviewed during a Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E). A T&E is an assessment of training and experience that has prepared the candidate for the position. Those with the highest scores on the T&E will be invited to the technical interview. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email.
The date range and location of the technical interview are listed below.
Date Range: Monday, May 19, 2014 to Friday, May 23, 2014
Location: Ventura County Community College District
255 W. Stanley Avenue, Suite 150
Ventura, CA 93001
The above date range is subject to change. Applicants will be notified of any scheduling changes via email.
Official transcripts must be presented to Human Resources prior to beginning employment.
The Ventura County Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
4600.00 - 6340.00
4600.00 - 6340.00 - New employees may request salary placement above step one based on directly related education and experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications for the classification. Advanced salary placement must be requested at the time of offer and is subject to verification of qualifying experience and applicable collective bargaining agreements and/or Personnel Commission rules.
Special Instructions to Applicants
PRELIMINARY SCREENING OF APPLICATIONS & SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE:
In completing the application and the supplemental questionnaire, outline in detail your education, training (such as classes, seminars, workshops) and experience. Please be sure to answer every component of each supplemental question as your responses will be scored and serve as your score on the training and experience evaluation. Appearance before the oral examination (interview) board will be limited to the candidates with the highest T&E scores. For your application to be considered, the supplemental questions must be completed in full. Failure to answer the questions as required will result in disqualification.
Upon completion of the examination, the open / promotional eligibility list will be compiled by combining the final examination score with applicable seniority and veteran's credits, if any. The candidates will be ranked according to their total score on the eligibility list. Certification will be made from the highest three ranks of the eligibility list. This eligibility list will be used to fill the current vacancies up to one year from the date of the technical interview.
All appointments made from eligibility lists for initial appointment or for promotion shall be probationary for a period of six (6) months or one hundred thirty (130) days of paid service whichever is longer.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the Ventura County Community College District Human Resources Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
The following questions will be asked of all applicants.
When you apply for this position, you may wish to compose your responses to the supplemental questions in a separate document that can be edited, saved, and pasted into the applicable online application supplemental question response fields. This will prevent the unintended loss of data, as the system will automatically log you out after 60 minutes of inactivity.
- Please describe the experience you have determining the repair needs of studio equipment. Please include A.) the types of repairs you performed yourself, if any, and B) the types of repairs you referred to other appropriate parties. If you do not have experience in any of these areas, please mark N/A.
- Please describe the technical training or experience you have regarding video production techniques. Please include A.) the duration of your experience, B) the organization(s) in which you gained this experience, and C.) the duties performed. If you do not have experience in any of these areas, please mark N/A.
- Please describe your experience with nonlinear editing. Please include A.) the type of experience with nonlinear software, B.) the organization(s) in which you gained this experience, and C.) the duration of your experience. If you do not have experience in any of these areas, please mark N/A.
- Please describe your experience using cameras that record on tape vs. digital card. Please include A.) the type of experience with digital cameras, B) the types of workflow you have experience with, C.) the organization(s) in which you gained this experience, and D.) the duration of experience with each. If you do not have experience in any of these areas, please mark N/A.
- Please list the training programs and specific college courses you have completed in the areas of television, film, media, production, or a related field. If you have not taken any trainings or courses in any of these areas, please mark N/A.
- Where did you hear about this job?