Associate Athletics Director for Compliance/Student Services
About Western Kentucky University:
Western Kentucky University aspires to be the University of choice for faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping advance academic excellence. True to its spirit, WKU offers an inviting, nurturing, and challenging work environment, which is responsive to the needs of a diverse and ambitious learning community. WKU's main campus is located on a hill overlooking the city of Bowling Green (population est. 60,000), and is acclaimed as one of the most beautiful in the nation. We invite you to consider WKU as a place where your academic and professional dreams can be realized.
Western Kentucky University, a member of Conference USA and Football Bowl Subdivision (I-A) NCAA member institution, seeks to hire individuals for the full-time position of Associate Athletics Director for Compliance/Student Services. This individual will report to the Director of Athletics. The successful candidate must be available for weekend work and travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Oversees and coordinates the various aspects of the compliance program to ensure compliance with NCAA, Conference USA, and institutional rules and regulations
- Administers a comprehensive rules education program for coaches, staff, student athletes, and boosters that will promote a culture of compliance and institutional control
- Investigates potential rules violations and submits required reports to the NCAA and conference office when necessary
- Coordinates/completes required NCAA and conference reports (i.e., annual sports sponsorship and demographic report, revenue distribution reports, etc.)
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, the Student-Athlete Success Center, and the NCAA Academic Compliance Coordinator in regard to student-athlete eligibility
- Serves as a sport supervisor for selected sports
- Provides NCAA rules interpretations and files any waivers or appeals when needed
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three years of full-time compliance experience at the Division I level
- Familiarity with using CA and LSDBi
- Travel is required
- Evening and weekend hours
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Must be self-motivated
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Experience including, but not limited to, NCAA Compliance Assistant, LSDBi, and other NCAA Connect applications
Commensurate with experience
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745 - 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
All applications and resumes must be submitted through this online electronic talent management system. Only those individuals who submit all required materials will be considered as eligible applicants. We invite you to submit a cover letter which describes your interest and fit for this position. You will receive email notification confirming your application materials have been received. Review of application materials will begin on May 4, 2014.PI76325197