Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time, hourly paid position eligible for over-time based in the Office of the Arts at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Full benefits package. One year contract, renewable upon mutual agreement for a second year. Start date: July 1, 2014.
Primary Duties, Responsibilites, and Tasks
• Working closely with our content editor to copy edit content on the HowlRound.com site.
• Uploading content for the journal into Drupal, and managing our queries, query tracking, and publication calendar. .
• Participating on the HowlRound editorial board, scheduling HowlRound Editorial meetings and dreaming up content for all aspects of the site.
• Managing communications with contributors to the HowlRound platforms that include creating and processing contracts, and tracking calendar deadlines for articles.
• Provide administrative support to HowlRound, including booking travel, processing expense reimbursements, providing logistics support for convenings and events.
• Provide support for other HowlRound communication’s platforms including HowlRound TV and the New Play Map.
• Attend Office of the Arts Fellow events and programming.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree a plus.
• Must have excellent word processing, Microsoft excel, and computer technical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced, high-energy office environment.
• High attention to detail and great communication skills a must.
• Proven ability to collaborate and play as member of a high functioning and close-knit team.
• Knowledge of the not-for-profit theater arts field.
• Capacity and motivation to continuously learn new digital media producing and publishing skills.
Preferred/Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment)
• Experience in Drupal or similar blog platforms.
• Design experience.
• Experience in the field of online publishing and copyediting.
• Experience working in arts administration (internship, during school, etc.).
Required Prior Work Experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Deadline to Apply: May 9, though applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Submit a cover letter detailing your specific interest in working with HowlRound, a one-page resume, three references with email and phone information, and a writing sample (500 words or less).
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Open Until Filled
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu