Instructor Pool - 2013/2014
Appointment Type: Academic Teaching/Research Faculty
Department: Music Department 241120 CLA
Position Summary: The Music Department in the School of Arts & Communication invites applications for one or more fixed-term, non-tenure-track full/part-time Instructor positions to teach on a term-by-term basis for the 2013-2014 academic year. Some of these appointments may be reviewed for renewal or transition to an instructional position on an annual basis at the discretion of the Director.
The primary mission of the Music program at OSU is undergraduate and graduate education. Students may seek BA and BS degrees in music as well a minor. Graduate students may also pursue a Masters in Music Education.
Position Duties: 100% Teaching:
Instructors may be needed to teach undergraduate and graduate courses on-campus or through E-campus in music and music education areas such as: music appreciation, music cultures of the world, aural skills, literature and materials of music, history of music, instrumental techniques, etc. as well as individual instrument and voice lessons.
Position Duties (continued):
Working Conditions/Work Schedule:
Minimum/Required Qualifications: B.A., B. S. and/or equivalent professional experience with demonstrated ability to teach at the college level.
In order to receive consideration for professional experience, applicants must have demonstrated successful teaching of post-secondary students and attained success in three of the following areas:
(1) Statewide recognition by peers as an outstanding performer in the private sector.
(2) Record as a paid performer or freelance musician over a period of not less than 5 years.
(3) Success in the supporting areas of composition and arranging.
(4) Appearances at recognized festivals and other formal performance venues.
(5) Artistic collaborations with regionally, if not nationally, recognized vernacular musicians.
(6) Recognized acceptance of creative endeavors including art recordings, as well as commercial music for film radio, video entertainment and television.
(7) Demonstrated creativity in the field of music technology.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications: A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Scholarly Outcomes for Position (academic faculty only): N/A
Posting Date: 04-16-2013
For Full Consideration Date: 08-15-2013
Closing Date: 06-15-2014
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Posting Number: 0010523
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61997PI76264436