Associate Director of Outcomes Assessment
Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Director of Outcomes Assessment. Excelsior College is a leader in the field of alternative higher education. A staff of 460+ currently serves approximately 32,000 students enrolled students worldwide. This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, NY.
The Associate Director of Outcomes Assessment works in the office of Institutional Effectiveness with a primary focus on implementing sound learning outcomes assessment practices and facilitating a continuous quality improvement process within academic programs. This individual will be primarily engaged in conducting curriculum reviews, program and general education outcomes assessment, analyzing and monitoring outcomes research. The Associate Director may at times lead original studies on important issues in online education. The Associate Director makes formal presentations of research and outcomes assessment results to internal and external audiences as required. The Associate Director of Outcomes Assessment reports to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. The Associate Director serves on the Institutional Effectiveness Steering Committee and other committees as needed. Occasional travel is required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the curriculum review process for degree and certificate programs by collaborating with internal and external faculty.
- Plays a central role in facilitating the implementation of ‘Outcomes’ tool among academic programs. Regularly monitors results from learning outcomes assessments and provides feedback to the Schools.
- Plays a central role in the assessment of general education outcomes and presents results to stakeholders across the College.
- Oversees the student and faculty course evaluation administration and reporting process.
- Provides support and consultation to academic units in the development of assessment plans, strategies, rubrics, and other tools (e.g., surveys, questionnaires, interview protocols) that measure outcomes and yield data for continuous improvement. Guides units in using results to determine achievement of outcomes and the effectiveness of programs, curricula, teaching activities, and learning services. Provides workshops and support for faculty and staff on best-practices in assessment.
- Designs and administers surveys and other assessment instruments to assess outcomes and for research projects.
- Conducts analysis; prepares report and presents results in support of overall College-wide initiatives and academic assessment processes.
- Participates in preparing grant proposals that focus on teaching, outcomes assessment, and learning.
- Serves on various committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively works collaboratively in a team environment.
- Critical and independent thinking skills.
- Productive time management.
- Excellent decision making and organization skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A doctoral degree preferably in assessment, measurement, educational research, psychology or a related field from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Candidates close to completion of their doctoral degree (ABD) may apply.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to synthesize and translate complex data and information into clear and meaningful information for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and design (including surveys, conducting focus groups and interviews).
- Excellent computing skills including statistical analysis, data storage and data base manipulation. Proficiency with data analysis software and Microsoft Office products (Excel and Access).
- Experience in publishing and presenting educational research.
- Understanding of current issues and trends in higher education, especially from an outcomes assessment/educational research perspective (desired). Experience in higher education in a faculty or administrative role is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience and is congruent with national standards. Excelsior College also offers a generous benefit package that includes paid time off, retirement and excellent health insurance. Interested individuals should submit their cover letter, resume, salary history and three professional references to the following URL: http://www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission or by mail to:
Associate Director of Outcomes Assessment Search
Office of Human Resources
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.