Affiliate Faculty-Business Psychology
Location: Washington, DC
Office Building/Campus: Washington, DC
Home Department: Business Psychology
Position Type: Faculty Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Our Washington DC campus is currently seeking Affiliate Faculty to serve as Dissertation Chairs in the Business Psychology department and teach in the Business Psychology programs. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to guide students toward successful completion of their doctoral dissertations through proficiency in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and designs. Qualitative research experience must include coding and analytics and experience with qualitative software. Quantitative research experience must include statistical proficiency and experience with statistical software.
- Communicate frequently and timely with doctoral candidates;
- Provide clear guidance to candidates to support doctoral program progress and successful completion;
- Provide critical feedback on dissertation milestone drafts to include topic tenability, and quality of problem, purpose, questions, methods, design, analytics, interpretation, and scholarly writing;
- Assist doctoral candidates in understanding how to modify their dissertation milestone documents based on formal academic review feedback;
- Participate in the oral defense of their doctoral candidates; and
- Assist doctoral candidates with navigating the overarching dissertation process.
- Teach courses in IO and the PhD Business Psychology
- Position Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy degree from accredited institution of higher learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Experience with the online delivery of education and the systems that support it.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Experience as practitioner in organizational consulting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, word processing tools such as insert comments, track changes and compare documents.
- Knowledge of APA format.
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher education institution.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system.
- Ability to communicate clearly to a variety of constituents.
- Ability to communicate online including e-mail, chat rooms, videoconferencing and other technology based on communication media.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PI75925881