Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE) in Lincoln, Nebraska, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director. The Commission is a coordinating body that provides state-level policies, programs, budgets, and facilities leadership on higher education issues and coordinates the activities of Nebraska’s public higher education institutions. The Executive Director is the chief executive officer and reports directly to an 11-member commission board appointed by the Governor.
CCPE seeks an executive officer who has a successful record of providing visionary leadership in all aspects of higher education. The ideal candidate will have:
- An earned doctoral degree or professional degree, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to form key partnerships in the education community, with experience in advocating for the needs of students, colleges, and universities at local, state, and national levels.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation of the academic environment on college campuses.
- Ability to provide objective analyses and policy guidance.
- A demonstrated record of organizational leadership and sound management of fiscal and diverse human resources.
- Proven ability to achieve consensus among varied constituencies regarding complex issues.
- Ability to make complex decisions.
- Strong leadership and the ability to think strategically.
Opportunities for the Executive Director will include: advancing the goals of the Comprehensive Statewide Plan; supporting the linkage of higher education to economic development; supporting the efforts of higher education institutions to be entrepreneurial and flexible; and encouraging cooperation among all higher education institutions. A detailed description of the qualifications and characteristics for this position can be found at www.ccpe.state.ne.us/search. No current employee of CCPE is expected to apply for the position. Information about finalists, up to four, may be made public.
Application or nomination letters should address each point listed above. To apply for the position or to nominate candidates, send letter and resume to:Dr. Carna Pfeil Search Committee Executive Director Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education P. O. Box 95005 Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
Questions should be directed to Dr. Pfeil at (402) 471-0029, or email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin May 30, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
CCPE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.