Faculty, Education (Elementary), Full-Time, Temporary, Fall 2014
This temporary, full-time faculty member will teach courses in the elementary program, advise undergraduate students, and collaborate with colleagues on program and school wide projects. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated the following: content and pedagogical knowledge of elementary literacy and foundational content knowledge in elementary education, ability to integrate technology into instruction to enhance student learning and engagement and expertise in assessment and intervention. Experience teaching in higher education and P-12 teaching is required.
Per the MSCA contract with a typical teaching load of 12 hours per semester. The position is subject to available funding.
- Record of effective teaching at the college level and at least three years of successful P-12 teaching experience.
- Experience with pre-service and/or in-service teacher preparation.
- Must have content and pedagogical knowledge of elementary education including work in urban settings and with second language learners.
- The ability to integrate technology into instruction to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Must be willing to teach courses in a variety of delivery formats (face to face on campus, hybrid and online).
- Must be willing to attend and travel to statewide meetings as appropriate.
- A requisite scholarly record or professional impact in the field of elementary education to warrant appointment at the temporary full-time assistant professor level.
- Evidence of a professional commitment to programs that prepare students to teach culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse students with or without disabilities, and on the integration of technology into curriculum and instruction.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Earned doctorate or ABD from a regionally accredited institution in elementary education or a closely related content area such as literacy, and if ABD, will have a doctorate by June 30, 2015.
- Experience with web-based instruction preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.