Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement provides professional and administrative support for the executive and the Office of Advancement. The Office of Advancement is comprised of External Affairs, Public Affairs, Development and Foundation functions. The position requires an individual with a high level of initiative, exceptional organization and communication skills and ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced environment. The position provides the opportunity to manage projects, lead special assignments and continue building the infrastructure of a growing college and advancement division. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve and work independently in a team-oriented environment.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement leadership team and a central source of communication to VPA direct reports and staff, as well as internal and external constituents.
- Provide administrative support for VPA and Office of Advancement including but not limited to executive communications, scheduling, travel, meeting coordination and event planning.
- Track, monitor and follow the progress of projects, action items, and strategies that emanate from the VPA and Office of Advancement.
- Manage division budget and budget-related transactions including purchases, supplies, check requisitions and T&E expense reimbursements. Ensure accurate reconciliation and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Research and analyze information and assist the VPA in preparing reports, presentations, publications and supporting advancement materials.
- Serve as a steward of confidential information and act as a trustworthy liaison between the VPA and internal and external stakeholders.
- Create work flow systems that provide streamlined efficiency and Advancement effectiveness across the institution.
- Communicate effectively with internal administrative and academic offices and external community so that strong working relationships are built and maintained.
- Provide support for new hires including paperwork, securing office space, equipment configuration and security access.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in business, higher education or related field required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience required; higher education preferred.
- Proficient in a variety of Windows-based computer programs including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to learn college operational and financial systems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to promote process improvements to create institutional efficiencies and ability to scale
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with constituents at all levels.
- Ability to independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Competent handling confidential and sensitive issues with judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.