SENIOR RESEARCH TECHNICIAN - Genomics Lab - HNRC
Requisition Number : 2525
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Jean Mayer-USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University (HNRCA) investigators conduct advanced studies on nutrition and aging. Their research focuses on determining the optimal nutrient profile and the effects of physical activity necessary to promote well-being for older adults. HNRCA scientists examine how nutrition and exercise contribute to the prevention of major chronic degenerative conditions and diseases associated with aging.
The HNRCA is operated by Tufts University through a cooperative agreement with the Agricultural Research Service (ARS). Located adjacent to the Tufts University Health Science campus in Boston, Massachusetts, the HNRCA is one of six human nutrition research centers in the United States which is supported by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The goals of the Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory are to understand the genetic and epigenetic basis underlying the predisposition towards common age-related diseases and how this predisposition is modulated by environmental factors such as nutrition and physical activity.
Under general supervision of Lab Director, the Senior Research Technician:
- Conducts a variety of procedures involving isolation, purification and measurement of nucleic-acid related materials from biological fluids with minimal training and supervision.
- Performs specialized techniques and makes decisions regarding the appropriate protocol or procedure necessary to achieve desired results, the reliability and accuracy of results, and whether modification or repetition is necessary.
- This includes the performance of advanced laboratory techniques related to the quantitation of the isolated products and record keeping of the results.
- Records test results and analyzes data derived from experiments.
- Oversees maintenance of laboratory, including equipment,
- And may provide training to others.
Job Description - Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree in science and at least 1 year of related laboratory experience and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs with or without accomodations.
Bachelor’s degree in science and at least 5 years of related laboratory experience. Basic knowledge of nutrition, databases and statistical tools.
Please Apply with Requisition #2525
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.