COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST - Administration - Friedman
Requisition Number : 2507
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Web and Communications team at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy provides strategic direction and development for the school's public websites and communication needs. Web and Communications offers various services to the Friedman community including the design and development of microsites for the School's departments and centers, website project management, end-user training, consultation, support, and strategic planning for web site development. On the communications side, the office is responsible for promoting the Friedman School and its many activities and attributes, including providing a standard of excellence for all communications and to establish a degree of consistency in all forms of media.
The Communicaitons Specialist will work as part of the Web and Communications team and be the tactical person responsible for promoting the Friedman School and its many activities and unique attributes. This individual will:
- Develop and articulate a clear and consistent message about the School’s strengths. Through social media, the web, and marketing publications, the Communications Specialist will heighten connections to prospective and current students and enhance the visibility of faculty and the School’s exceptional academic, research and professional programs.
- Developing a close working relationship with the School’s senior leadership, in addition to Public Relations and central Web Communications, is an essential priority.
- This position requires an individual who engages in tactical functions but who has sufficient sophistication and experience to provide high level strategic assistance.
- An important role will be to provide a standard of excellence for all communications and to establish a degree of consistency in all forms of media described above.
Job Description - Requirements :
- Bachelors degree
- 4 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, agility with social media, graphic design for print and web
- Masters Degree with an emphasis in marketing, communications, or nutrition.
- Experience in higher education or nutrition field a plus.
- Should possess strong writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment, ability to work under pressure, and handle sensitive issues required.
- Ability to be creative in a resource challenged environment
Please Apply with Requisition #2507
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.