WEB SPECIALIST - Administration
Requisition Number : 2547
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Web and Communications team at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy provides strategic direction and development for the school's public websites and communication needs. Web and Communications offers various services to the Friedman community including the design and development of microsites for the School's departments and centers, website project management, end-user training, consultation, support, and strategic planning for web site development. On the communications side, the office is responsible for promoting the Friedman School and its many activities and attributes, including providing a standard of excellence for all communications and to establish a degree of consistency in all forms of media.
The Web Developer has primary responsibility for:
- Maintaining the Friedman School’s web presence, updating content, creating new functionality as needed and interfacing with university level technical teams to maintain servers.
- The developer works directly with school faculty, students and staff to design and deliver content tailored to their needs.
- They will design and develop new web pages/sites incorporating user-friendly interfaces and will use creativity in approaching problem-solving while building requested services.
- The developer will maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, including ad banners, special content, and custom designs for clients.
- This position relies on pre-established web and style guidelines, but has some independent creativity and latitude to perform job functions.
- May lead or participate on project teams.
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: BA/BS and 3 years of related experience. Candidates must have mastery of the following skills: Drupal, PHP, CSS, HTML, jQuery, MySQL, Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
Please Apply with Requisition #2547
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.