F/T Faculty: Information & Computer Technology (reposted-grant-funded, 1 year temporary non-tenu
F/T Faculty Position: Information & Communication Technology (ICT) -Computer Technology Department (Temporary 1 yr. Grant Funded non tenure track)
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements:BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College’s locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Position Description: Full time Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Instructor in the Computer Information Technology Department (CIT). Responsible for curriculum development and teaching CIT courses.
- Teach various computer and computer-related courses such as Database and data analytics, Information Security, Mobile Design and Programming, Robotics, current Operating Systems, VMWare, Cloud Computing, & other emerging technologies
- Develop curriculum in the areas of Information Security, Mobile Design and Programming, Data Science, Database and Data Analytics
- Participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment and development
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies in new and emerging technologies
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Participate in on-going professional development
- Use course management technology tools and software such as e-portfolios in the classroom
- Use problem based learning, reflective writing, task-based, case-based learning (TBCBL), as well as classroom group/team work to develop critical thinking and other employability skills
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Related ICT industry experience required and ICT Industry certifications a plus
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Community college teaching experience preferred
- Ability to teach a variety of courses including, but not limited to: Database and Data Analytics, Information Security, Mobile Design and Programming, Networking, current Operating Systems, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Robotics & other emerging technologies
- Willingness to participate in service learning, learning communities and distance learning.
Salary Range: $44,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will begin on September 1, 2014. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 1, 2014.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter Addressing the FT Faculty Requirements and the Required Qualifications to:
www.Bhcc.Mass.Edu/Employment - Select the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions. Fax Transcript Files (Unofficial is acceptable) to: (617) 228-3328.