Admissions Field Representative- Pasadena/Greater Los Angeles
Location: Pasadena, CA
Office Building/Campus: Pasadena
Home Department: Admission
Position Type: Staff Position
Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School is a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of rich history deeply rooted in the mission of its founding families with principles of inclusion, social justice, and the value of every human being. Pacific Oaks Children’s School is a recognized leader in early childhood education with a high demand from parents wanting excellent education for their young children. Pacific Oaks College is well known for preparing graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to help people from diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and strengths uncover and realize their unique individual potentials. Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
We are looking for a dynamic Full-time Admissions Field Representative to join our team!
The Admissions Field Representative, serves as the representative and recruitment consultant for Pacific Oaks College within the Pasadena and Greater Los Angeles Area territory. Local candidates are preferred.
Responsibilities include presenting Pacific Oaks College’s career enhancing degree programs to generate interest among school faculty, school employees and universities, educators and potential students. Plan and manage recruitment events, fairs and other opportunities to generate student inquiries and recruit new students to join Pacific Oaks.
You are passionate about enriching the lives and careers of people. You will find partnership opportunities with local companies and maintain those relationships. You are a dynamic, influencer and advisor who will promote and facilitate if interest in enrollment while keeping the highest ethical standards, and always work to maintain or increase positive awareness of Pacific Oaks College within the education, health care, conferences, and community based organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages territory by developing and building rapport within the business and educational community and creating a comprehensive recruitment plan.
- Facilitates the circulation of informational materials through all appropriate channels within the Pasadena and Greater Los Angeles Area territory.
- Maintains an active contact database, and notifies, or mails database each quarter.
- Balance of hours will be spent recruiting students and providing contact information to Pasadena internal Admissions Counselors.
- Meets with prospective students to estimate transfer credit, counsel on completing entry requirements, discusses academic programs, admission options, and financial aid opportunities and conducts campus tours.
- In collaboration with AVP, ensures that the College enrollment goals are met
- Follows up with prospective students by phone and written correspondence
- Schedules and conducts visits in educational institutions. Maintains a future calendar recorded daily and meets weekly, monthly and annual production goals.
- Discovers new opportunities and develop innovative strategies to generate awareness of Pacific Oaks College programs and to enhance enrollment.
- Graduate Fails, conferences and community conferences for the purpose of relationship building.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, and all presentation materials to deliver effective multimedia presentations.
- Keeps abreast of current industry and Pacific Oaks College information to use for presentation purposes.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with highest ethical standards. Exhibits professionalism by maintaining a positive attitude and adhering to departmental policies and procedures. Adheres to all state, federal, accreditation, and institute rules and regulations regarding student recruitment and admissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have refined outside sales and territory building knowledge, skill and experience; and in addition to person-to-person account management experience, must possess a minimum of three years of successful outside, business-to-business account management experience with a significant product or service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail, possess professional interaction, personal networking and constituency building skills; and possess interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible and fluid group presentation skills.
- Meets annual inquiry plans as recorded weekly.
- Inquiry generation and effective inquiry follow-up capability.
- Self-directed, self-charged, highly motivated, non-procrastinating, high activity action taking recruiting students.
- Fast starter with the confidence and capability to launch new territory with massive action.
- Executing continuous high volume contact, mapping out efficient travel logistics, coordinating and conducting events, sustaining high levels of diverse activity and multi-tasking under time pressure.
- Knowledge of the education industry, MFT, Human Development and the teaching profession.
- Strong business and marketing acumen with a penchant for innovation and new business development strategy
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions.
- Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations.
- Demonstrated, consistent results producer.
- Computer literate; working knowledge of MS Office.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
- An Associate's Degree from a similar institution, with additional work experience, will also be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid Driver's license and a good driving record.
- A minimum of 75% Travel required
Pacific Oaks College offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), and tuition discounts.
Pacific Oaks College is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.