Assistant Director, University Housing
Job ID: 37123
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 04/23/2014
Anticipated Salary Range
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a full state benefits package.
Master's degree in Student Affairs, Student Personnel, Higher education or related field; minimum of three years post-master's experience in housing and/or residence life.
Must possess a student-centered philosophy fostering the development of residential
communities and student learning.
Background Check Requirements
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
This position requires compliance with University confidentiality policies.
The Assistant Director for the Eastside is a full-time, live-out professional staff member who will be
responsible for the coordination and management of the residence life program for approximately 3,000 residents. The primary focus is to supervise and evaluate a team of full-time Residence Coordinators and graduate student staff, and provide leadership and direction to the paraprofessional student staff and programming in the area. This position will oversee the management of a programming resource room and will assist in the recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation for undergraduate, graduate, professional and support staff. As a member of the senior leadership team in Residence Life, this professional will be a critical decision maker in the department and an architect for the direction and future of the Office of Residence Life.
Start date: negotiable.
Assistant Director for Facilities
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306
1. Staff Selection, Supervision, and Evaluation: Administering all university personnel procedures
(hiring, verifying time sheets, completing annual performance reviews); implementing University
Housing evaluation procedures; participating in University Housing selection processes for all staffing levels within the residence life area.
2. Staff Training and Development: Planning and executing on-going training sessions; bi-weekly staff meetings, meeting weekly with each staff member regarding specific issues, overall planning, and individual progress. Presenting centralized staff training sessions for residence life.
Administering monthly meetings of all levels of staff in the area (undergraduate, graduate, and
3. Safety/Security: Serving as a resource and response person for emergency situations that occur; providing specific direction to staff members regarding their security-related job responsibilities.
4. Program Development: Assists in developing and monitoring the special theme and/or
Living/Learning programs within their designated residential area.
5. Administrative Tasks: Oversee all administrative functions including the ordering and inventory of supplies for the programming resource room.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
To be considered you must complete this two-step process. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
1. Candidates must apply for the Assistant Director and Job Opening #37123 through Florida State University's job vacancy site at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Please contact Ivette Claudio at 850-644-7708 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance with the application process.
2. All candidates must also submit a cover letter, one copy of their current resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three current references to Daniel Sheets, Assistant Director for Facilities at email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Closing date of applications is April 23, 2014. All requested documentation and the online application must be completed by the deadline to be considered for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.PI75765349