Contra Costa Community College District
PART-TIME TEACHING OPPORTUNITY
Location: Los Medanos College
Job Group: Adjunct Faculty
Hourly Salary: $46.28 - $69.72
• Provide academic, career and disability management counseling to students with disabilities
• Guidance of students in decision-making process and their exploration of alternatives with regard to their educational, career, and personal goals.
• Outreach with service area high schools and community groups
• Determine reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
• Work collaboratively as part of both DSP&S program and Counseling Department
Discipline and Minimum Requirements:
Discipline: Special Education
• master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, or
• master’s degree in special education with completion of 24 of more semester units of upper division or graduate level in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology or social work, or
• master’s degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare, with either 12 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level coursework specifically in the counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities or two years of full-time experience or the equivalent, in counseling or guidance for students with disabilities or counseling and/or guidance for persons with disabilities in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations. or
• the equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the application packet.)
Must be available:
Tuesday 12 pm – 5 pm
Thursday 9 am – 11 am (Brentwood Center); 11:30 am – 1:30
Friday 9 am – 12 pm
*Also recruiting for an additional pool of counselors for veterans.
How to apply: Please mail an Academic Employment Application, resume, unofficial transcript and cover letter to Virginia Richards at 2700 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg, CA 94565
We will begin reviewing applications 2 to 3 weeks after the 04-15-14 posting date.
To download and print an Academic Application from our website, please click on following link: http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/Academic%20Application.pdf
If you have questions, please contact: Call Virginia Richards at 925 439-2181 ext 3221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contra Costa Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.