Associate Dean-Campus Administration
Associate Dean-Campus Administration
Requisition Number: STFR001475
Division/College: NU Global Network
FT/PT: Full Time
Under the direction of the Seattle Dean & CEO, the Associate Dean of Campus Administration oversees all campus operations and effective/efficient management of Northeastern University-Seattle. Oversight includes: planning and coordination of academic delivery in Seattle, execution of Northeastern and community events, effective delivery of student services. The Associate Dean oversees all aspects of academic program delivery in Washington and serves as the Campus Lead in the Dean’s absence. This position ensures the delivery of excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, corporate and civic partners, academic colleges/units, and administrative lead managers who interact with and support the Seattle campus. The Associate Dean plays a key role in realizing the vision of Northeastern University Seattle and all the activities that our academic enterprise entails such that the university is positioned as a strong player and resource in the Seattle region. The Associate Dean oversees all aspects of academic delivery, student service and operations. This position initially oversees a small staff (FT/PT, daytime, evening/weekend) who will assist in overseeing the space and the services, with staffing expanding in the future based upon enrollment growth.
Working with Boston-based Academic Colleges, the Associate Dean serves as key academic strategist for determining academic program delivery, including recommending innovative new academic curricula, and implementation of such in Seattle. Liaises with the College Deans, Associate Deans, Program Directors and other academic personnel to ensure programs are of the highest academic quality and aligned with local, regional and national workforce needs.
Working with the Regional Dean and the Boston-based team, this position ensures that the Northeastern brand presence is projected both externally and internally through the delivery of academic programs and student services. The position oversees the Seattle operations/student service staff and ensures that each event, course, student or visitor is properly assisted or managed. The Associate Dean oversees the delivery of local student service and academic courses and serves the respective visiting teaching faculty from Boston and the greater region. This position and its staff provide excellent student service and facilitate Boston-based service delivery to Seattle students for more complex and academic services (via phone, email, chat or in person). This position will liaise with the graduate enrollment management staff to ensure the effective and efficient processing of Seattle-based admission applications.
The Associate Dean oversees the coordination and scheduling of the Seattle campus activities and events to include recruitment activities, academic classes and programs, student services, community events, and other activities to serve both internal and external users. This position manages a team of personnel who coordinate all events that occur on the Seattle campus.
The Associate Dean oversees the local technology infrastructure to ensure seamless delivery of academic and administrative systems in Seattle. Liaising with local consultants and Boston-based information systems staff, this position will provide basic technology troubleshooting and will coordinate technology upgrades, new technology implementations, etc. with the Boston-based staff.
Under direction of the Dean, the Associate Dean will be responsible for strategic budget planning and oversight of Northeastern University -Seattle budgets to ensure efficient and effective use of fiscal resources to achieve financial and enrollment goals. Works collaboratively with Boston-based staff to set budget goals for each fiscal year to include revenue/expense projections, enrollment targets, and effective proforma management.
• Driven ability to thrive in a innovative and creative culture with a flexible and growth focused organization
• Knowledge and understanding of and values the University: the creation and dissemination of knowledge
• Can identify issues and recommend solutions for faculty, students and our business partners
• Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff across Northeastern departments including Deans, Associate Deans, Program Directors and other academic administrators.
• Ability to partner with local community and businesses to deliver high quality programs and events
• Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills
• Master’s degree in Business, Education or related field. Doctorate preferred.
• Minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience including teaching or administration within higher education setting required.
• Experience with event management, project management, facility/campus operations, and admissions or equivalent combination of education, training and experience desired.
• Ability and desire to work in team environment is critical.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate multiple tasks while delivering highest level of customer service is essential.
• Experience with technology systems and proven ability to utilize multiple software programs.
• Experience delivering or designing academic content preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.