Housing Assistant - Residential Life
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Housing Assistant in the Residential Life Department.
Under the direction of the Housing Associate, the Housing Assistant will provide support for summer, recess housing, maintenance of databases, reports and help update student data bases for both summer and the academic year. As an integral member of the Residential Life professional staff team the Housing Assistant will be involved with and provide support for all aspects of the operation of FIT’s residence halls including but not limited to; assisting in selection, training, management of Recess Housing Resident Assistants, opening and closing of residence halls, orientation, programming, policy enforcement, crisis management, addressing student concerns through advocacy, conflict resolution: arbitration and referrals, acting to insure a safe and secure environment. The Housing Assistant will be one of 2 individuals on call during recess periods, responding to all recess housing concerns including booking and billing issues, resident complaints, crisis intervention, roommate conflicts and student conduct concerns. Other on call evening/weekend responsibilities as assigned.
In the absence of the Housing Associate, the Housing Assistant will assume oversight of the responsibilities of recess housing programs. This includes providing administrative support, troubleshooting potential problems and providing general guidance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Aid in the operation of recess housing programs including booking/assigning rooms, preparing contracts and marketing
• Download applications and required materials such as proof of college affiliation/work affiliation, etc.
• Respond to housing questions and requests regarding the academic year and recess housing
• Help update databases each semester which includes billing, room assignments and student room requests (academic year and summer housing)
• Assist in training and process data entry for all housing programs and aid in maintenance of the Garnet/River application/billing module
• Help interface with applications/modules used for the academic year.
• Report software issues with computer programs used by the department
• Run statistical data as needed by the department
• Help coordinate IT processes for summer population and FIT students
• As part of a team, act as a liaison to companies, colleges, and other institutions to create relationships and promote FIT's housing program by maintaining contact lists and information to effectively promote on-campus/recess housing
• Help distribute evaluation/questionnaire related data on an on-going basis
• Participate in initiatives for improved customer service and support services to residents
• Assist in maintenance of social media tools (Face Book, Twitter, etc.) for the department, student enrichment and development
This is a twelve month, full-time, live-in position. This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive
Bachelor’s degree required. Two to four years of experience in data management, software maintenance in marketing, hospitality management, college housing or related fields preferred. Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to oversee and manage department database. Ability to provide statistical reports and analysis. Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills. Must be self-motivated and directed. Competency in the knowledge of Brio, Adirondack, Garnet/River and Banner, or comparable programs preferred.
Experience working with a diverse and creative student population preferred. The successful applicant will be customer service oriented, imaginative and resourceful, and must be able to work independently and as part of a closely-knit team. S/he must possess effective written and verbal communication skills, be capable of making sound decisions.
In addition to on-call duty rotation, this position requires evening and/or weekend hours. Attendance, support and participation at late night/weekend events/meetings is also required. Other on call evening/weekend responsibilities as assigned.
Salary: (90/0), $43,015
Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm when the College is open, plus an on-call duty rotation to include evenings, weekends, holidays and Friday summer college closings.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter with salary history
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.