Sr. Director, Strategic Development
Provide overall leadership for a unit or department by developing goals, objectives, policies and procedures; supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the activities; preparing operating and capital expenditure budgets; and performing personnel administration functions.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Leadershipa. Actively supports VHAN Leadership in executing strategic goals and objectivesb. Actively supports VHAN in pursuing Performance Excellence objectivesc. Supports VHAN leadership with affiliate network operations, strategic planning and financial analysis
2. Projecta. Demonstrates proficiency in developing project management and execution plans to include: Scope, Approach, Milestones, Activities, and Resources & Teams. Leverages common toolkit.b. Demonstrates proficiency at building, integrating and developing relationships with multidisciplinary teams.c. Demonstrates proficiency at developing Five Pillar Value Models for projects, and executes projects to expectations.d. Demonstrates effective communication skills on project value and updates to all constituencies: Enterprise, VMG, Leadership, Physicians, Managers, Staff and affiliate network constituents.e. Demonstrates effective Design Shop Leadership of Multi-Disciplinary teams and can lead teams to collaborative solutions.f. Demonstrates proficiency at identifying "root cause" drivers of operational issues and demonstrates proficiency at applying appropriate analytical tools to address issuesg. Mentors teams and staff on analytical toolsh. Demonstrates proficiency at defining solutionsi. Demonstrates proficiency in defining metric and goalsj. Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of solutions.k. Demonstrates proficiency at translating solutions to Five Pillar Enterprise Value.
3. Staffa. Demonstrates effective mentoring skills for Managers and VMG staff in work teamsb. Can develop more junior team members to enhance value to the organization.4. Developmenta. Identifies development plan and executes appropriately. Pursues continuous learning.b. Continues to develop and demonstrate technical analytical toolkit skillsc. Seeks opportunities to develop new skills and capabilities
1. Collaborates with Leadership to facilitate and develop strategic and operating plans in support of Corporate Health and Network Development (CHND).a. Assists in the development of key strategies in support of overall goals of VHANb. Collaborates with team resources to conduct research and develop financial and business models in support of strategies2. Serves as the accountable leader and central point of coordination for all aspects of projects as assigned.a. Develop project plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with leadership (milestones and timelines, resource planning, etc.)b. Provide professional and/or technical leadership in the execution of day-to-day project activities (set priorities given resource constraints, facilitate meetings, monitor progress against established timeline, ensure documentation is complete and up-to-date, etc.)c. Manage dedicated and shared project resourcesd. Manage expectations and coordinate work of external resources and vendors and/or internal resources and departments that support the project; identify and engage appropriate stakeholders3. Collaborate with Informatics and others in the development of the clinical and administrative infrastructure requirements and capabilities in the short and long term to support the CINa. Provide direction and input on project plan, resources and milestonesb. Assist with the development of requirements and product roadmap to support goals and objective of the CINc. Support the project team thru assisting on an as needed basis4. Establishes and nurtures highly effective relationships with employees, affiliates, and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives.5. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Supports TPA service implementation and Accountable Care / Network development activities with both Aetna and Affiliate leadership teams2. Supports network development activities and relationships with the executive teams at each of our affiliates. Responsible for facilitating weekly meetings and managing ongoing initiatives. Maintains relationships with executives and leadership teams3. Facilitates internal Network Strategy Development sessions as part of supporting the development of the overall network strategy. Tasked with creating / enhancing the network development implementation roadmap and timelines4. Serves as liaison with finance team to develop financial models and five year planning valuation. Works with new network development team member to create financial and predictive models.5. Supports management of consulting engagements with external vendors and is responsible for budgeting and project oversight activities.6. Supports internal planning activities including resource allocation, project prioritization, pro-forma development
Job requires Bachelor's and 8 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization Network Development 108656PI75720544