Senior. Director, IT, Analytics, and PMO
The Sr. Director of IT, Analytics, and PMO will assist the VP of IT, Analytics and PMO in managing the various activities, resources, and needs associated with each major area. This senior leadership position entails the ability to think strategically while being able to execute operational activities without fail. It also involves the ability to mentor and lead resources both internal and external to achieve the goals of VHAN. This leader will need to be an effective communicator and motivator and will require significant experience in healthcare, IT, analytics, and program management.
a. Actively supports VHAN Leadership in executing strategic goals and objectives
b. Actively supports VHAN in pursuing Performance Excellence objectives
c. Supports VHAN leadership with Information Technology, Analytics and Program Management
a. Demonstrates proficiency in developing project management and execution plans to include: Scope, Approach, Milestones, Activities, and Resources & Teams. Leverages common toolkit.
b. Demonstrates proficiency at building, integrating and developing relationships with multidisciplinary teams.
c. Demonstrates proficiency at developing Five Pillar Value Models for projects, and executes projects to expectations.
d. Demonstrates effective communication skills on project value and updates to all constituencies: Enterprise, VMG, Leadership, Physicians, Managers, Staff and affiliate network constituents.
e. Demonstrates effective Design Shop Leadership of Multi-Disciplinary teams and can lead teams to collaborative solutions.
f. Demonstrates proficiency at identifying "root cause" drivers of operational issues and demonstrates proficiency at applying appropriate analytical tools to address issues
g. Mentors teams and staff on analytical tools
h. Demonstrates proficiency at defining solutions
i. Demonstrates proficiency in defining metric and goals
j. Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of solutions.
k. Demonstrates proficiency at translating solutions to Five Pillar Enterprise Value.
a. Demonstrates effective mentoring skills for Managers and VMG staff in work teams
b. Can develop more junior team members to enhance value to the organization.
a. Identifies development plan and executes appropriately. Pursues continuous learning.
b. Continues to develop and demonstrate technical analytical toolkit skills
c. Seeks opportunities to develop new skills and capabilities
1. Collaborates with Leadership to facilitate and develop strategic and operating plans in support of VHAN.
a. Assists in the development of key strategies in support of overall goals of VHAN
b. Collaborates with team resources to conduct research and develop financial and business models in support of IT strategies
2. Serves as the accountable leader and central point of coordination for all aspects of projects as assigned.
a. Develop project plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with leadership (milestones and timelines, resource planning, etc.)
b. Provide professional and/or technical leadership in the execution of day-to-day project activities (set priorities given resource constraints, facilitate meetings, monitor progress against established timeline, ensure documentation is complete and up-to-date, etc.)
c. Manage dedicated and shared project resources
d. Manage expectations and coordinate work of external resources and vendors and/or internal resources and departments that support the project; identify and engage appropriate stakeholders
3. Collaborate with Informatics and others in the development of the clinical and administrative infrastructure requirements and capabilities in the short and long term to support VHAN
a. Provide direction and input on project plan, resources and milestones
b. Assist with the development of requirements and product roadmap to support goals and objective of VHAN
c. Support the project team through assisting on an as needed basis
4. Establishes and nurtures highly effective relationships with employees, affiliates, and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives.
5. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Plan and implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy for VHAN
2. Work with business owners to identify information needs and to work to find, design, and implement information delivery platforms/solutions
3. Discover new opportunities to optimize VHAN activities through analytics
4. Oversee all aspects of analytics and business intelligence projects
5. Analyzes large, multi-dimensional datasets, identifying actionable insights and recommendations
6. Develops intelligent analyses backed by quantitative data that guide strategic business decisions
7. Effectively communicates findings to management through email, spreadsheets, and presentations
8. Support new business initiatives through demonstration of analytical capabilities
9. Hire, train, and supervise Analytics team and ensure that team meets the reporting and analytical needs of VHAN
Clinical IT Infrastructure
1. Supports VHAN leadership through the effective implementation and management of IT initiatives
2. Manages vendor relationships with key IT vendors
3. Manages relationships with key IT stakeholders (e.g. Affiliate CIOs)
4. Mentors, trains, and educates new IT staff to ensure ability to perform their duties
1. Assist in managing the overall program plans for VHAN
2. Ensure process for planning, progress reporting, issues resolution, etc. are being met
3. Assist all functional areas of VHAN in planning and integration of plans
Job requires Bachelor's and 8 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization Network Development 108656PI75720540