Assistant Director of Admissions Transfer Specialist
Assistant Director of Admissions/Transfer Specialist is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of new transfer students to Bemidji State University. This position provides leadership in planning and implementing activities/tasks that result in moving students through the enrollment funnel. The enrollment funnel includes the following critical processes: Prospect Generation, Inquiry Management, Application Development, and Admission to Enrollment.
- The primary objective is to meet or exceed FYE transfer enrollment goals established by the administration.
- Assistant Director is also a member of the Admissions Operations Group and collaborates with the AVP of Admissions and Enrollment, Associate Director of Admissions, and Admissions Representatives.
- Assistant Director is also the designated MnSCU Transfer Specialist. Transfer Specialist facilitate transfer pathways, attend faculty meetings, create and service articulation agreements, communicate with other institutions regarding course equivalencies and update MnTransfer.org, explain and interpret college policies regarding transfer credits. This position has a joint appointment as a Program Advisor for the Center for Extended Learning (CEL).
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing/Business or related degree
- 2 Years Admissions experience
- Extensive travel is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- High level of creativity and marketing skills are also required.
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Able to work in a measured performance environment and meet/exceed enrollment goals.
- Excellent motivational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Capacity to manage time is essential to balance transfer credit deadlines with other duties.
- Master’s Degree: Business, Marketing and Sales, Communication or related field
- 5+ years Admissions experience
- Working knowledge of MnSCU institutions, the U of M, private colleges, proprietary schools and school systems beyond the state of Minnesota
- Familiarity with Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS), Individual Student Record System (ISRS), Transfer (MN Transfer), Minnesota Course Applicability System (CAS) and Customer CRM experience
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/MSUAASF_Plan_11_13.pdf
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Michael Heitkamp, Associate VP for Admissions and Enrollment
Join our University Community!
Bemidji State University, situated on a stunning lakeside in northern Minnesota, provides a transformative experience for students who engage in active learning on campus, in their communities, and throughout the world. Bemidji State University is a catalyst for helping students realize their potential and worth, which, in turn, inspires them to new worlds of thought and promotion of the common good. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University welcomes 5,000 students annually. Offerings include undergraduate majors and graduate programs encompassing the liberal arts and selected professional programs. Bemidji State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU) http://www.mnscu.edu.To learn more about our distinctive university, see our web site at:http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Bemidji State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator