Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
University of San Francisco
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direct supervision of the HR Office Supervisor, the HR Administrative Assistant will be the main person to greet all visitors, applicants and employees and coordinate the day-to-day administrative functions of a highly active Human Resources office. This includes first-level support and assistance for all front-desk human resources transactions. The HR Administrative Assistant will handle incoming calls, walk-in inquiries, and maintenance of the office environment including office moves and assisting with general HR issue identification and resolution. Additionally, this person will assist in maintaining the HR file system and provide support for all employment processes including the welcoming of new hires.
• Provide front-line customer service and general HR assistance to all levels of the USF population, to include executives, staff, faculty, special affiliates and students. This includes explaining HR policies, procedures and protocols, and answering HR related questions and general questions from visitors, new hires and others. This is especially important during very busy times – for example, during annual open enrollment and at the beginning of each semester with new full-time and adjunct university faculty.
• Provide daily administrative support to the office, which includes coordinating HR individual and office moves, sorting daily mail, completing FedEx requests, maintaining office equipment, submitting facility maintenance requests, submitting office invoices as needed, ordering and maintaining office supplies including water, cutlery, coffee, etc.
• Ensure office and break areas are maintained clean/organized and that windows, doors and cabinets are locked at end of day.
• Handle/process Banner new employee (staff, faculty, special affiliates) paperwork to include creating new-hire files (folder, labels, contents, etc.), notifying schools/departments per their special requests.
• Respond to general inquiries about employee information within Banner HRIS.
• Complete Banner employee status changes that include name and address changes. Assist with other system entries to ensure accuracy of reporting and data integrity.
• Coordinate the temporary Social Security Number process, retrieve/complete appropriate I-9 information and follow-up on the required documentation as needed.
• Recommend process changes to eliminate redundancy, and/or increase efficiencies in the day-to-day operations of the HR office.
• Order California and Federal Employment Notices yearly and distribute to all USF campuses.
• Analyze special affiliate report and follow up when needed.
• Assist in the HR filing process and system, to include the personnel files’ safety/security, tracking/filing critical HR documentation, maintenance of termination files, sending and calling back items from offsite storage and tracking items to be destroyed.
• Support HR staff with ordering name badges, business cards, keys, logo wear and accessing scanner privileges.
• Assist the Benefits area as needed with open enrollment activities and cross train in the Employments area to be able to provide support when needed.
• Maintain the out of office report for all HR staff, and coordinate special office events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education and degree preferred. Training or experience equivalent to five years in customer service or administration, preferably in higher education.
• At least one year of HR experience in a support role preferred.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent relationship-building skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced, interrupt-driven environment.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and adjust to changing situations, competing priorities, delays and/or unexpected events.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to work on and successfully complete multiple tasks.
• Proven computer proficiency including Microsoft Office.
• HR application and Banner experience preferred.
• Proven ability to produce quality, error-free documents and spreadsheets.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.