Student Data Analyst, Student Financial Services-Winter Haven (140032)
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This professional position reports to the Director of Student Financial Services and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Student Financial Services department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the financial services technology systems. The incumbent is also responsible for the technological advancement, implementation, and utilization of technology in developing more effective and innovative methods of delivering financial services to all qualified students.
- Works closely with Director in automating the work-load of the Student Financial Services Office, moving towards electronic communication, and improving the processes of the ERP system. Develops an understanding of the Financial Aid process to assist in improving the system's processes.
- Acts as the main Student Financial Services liaison with IT staff in maintaining requests, and keeping an open line of communication between the offices on requested jobs, and for other "as needed" requests. Provides the technological needs of the office as needed, including managing the office's Shared Drive.
- Acts as the 1st line of support to all employees of the Student Financial Services by creating and maintaining reports and overseeing processes within FINANCIER. Ensures the Quality Assurance of all Financial Aid reporting by periodically reviewing created reports for accuracy.
- Maintains the all communication systems where students access their specific Financial Aid information such as the Financial Aid Websites, Passport, etc. Create, design and update Student Financial Services communications, such as letters, emails, and postcards.
- Working knowledge of database interfaces and reporting tools. Higher Education experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excel Services and Access database
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to analyze data, create conclusion, and generate technical reports.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Management, or related field from an originally accredited college or university.Experience Required
3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Experience with electronic student data systems or similar environment. Higher Education experience a plus.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
- Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required.
- Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the Documentation Form to apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 11:59PM on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.