Director, Advisement and Career Services (FY14-76)
The Director of Advisement and Career Services plays an integral role in CSM’s Enrollment Management Team by developing, managing and supervising academic advising, career services, transfer services, and counseling at the LaPlata campus. The director ensures students receive advising services necessary to achieve their educational and personal goals, remove barriers to their success, assistance in transferring to another institution, and personal support in a manner easily assessable to all. In addition, the director works cooperatively with student service administrators at all campuses, leads the advising and career services committee, and develops innovative resources to assist all advisors, career counselors, and student services staff in providing equitable services to all students regardless of location. The director is a strong student advocate who will develop, train, and facilitate a high performance team in the Advising Department. The director provides leadership in developing and assessing innovative strategies and initiatives designed to assist students in planning and reaching their goals. The individual creates strong partnerships/alliances with academic divisions and continuing education, and the college community through timely communication and clearly established goals.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Flexibility is required. Hours subject to change during peak registration periods.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 04/24/14. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Master’s degree in related field of human development, education, or counseling
- Five to seven years experience in academic advising, academic support or career services
- Minimum three years of administrative or management experience that includes planning, budgeting, personnel selection, supervision and evaluation
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of collaboration, team participation, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, group planning, and decision-making processes
- Demonstrated leadership in an advising, academic support, career services or related department within student services
- Prior experience in a community college preferred
- Strong analytical skills including data gathering, analysis, assessment and evaluation, and evidence based planning
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced in use of integrated data system