Office Manager - Center for Student Action (S511)
The primary responsibility of the Office Manager is to effectively manage the Center for Student Action office in coordination with the Associate Vice President of Internationalization. This includes supporting the Associate Vice President with various projects and daily tasks, organizing communications and scheduling for the center, maintaining a professional and welcoming work environment, and supporting the advancement of transformational service experiences in the local community, Mexico, and internationally.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years experience in client services and administrative functions.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Support the Associate Vice President of Internationalization with daily administrative tasks, on-going projects to advance the work of the center, and communications and appointment management.
- Implement communication strategies to manage all telephone calls, email communication, and website development.
- Manage the daily office workplace within the service center, including quality maintenance of workstations, front desk coverage and support, quality customer service, and office appearance to provide a professional and welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Support the center leadership team with various projects and assignments aimed to provide increased effectiveness of the student experience in the local, Mexico, and international communities
- Organize the Center for Student Action calendars of events and programs to effective coordination across programs and communicate shared dates and activities with the entire center staff.
- Plan and implement student training on quality customer service, standard operating procedures, customer service, and effective communication strategies.
- Facilitate and plan all center wide celebrations (i.e., monthly birthday celebrations, staff appreciation, Christmas and end-of-year celebrations) and help in planning center wide retreats through handling logistics, bookings, and finances.
- Serve on various committees to support center programs including service fairs and church fairs on-campus in collaboration with various campus partners.
- Manage the duplicating and printing needs for the service center and organize the purchasing of office supplies in collaboration with the administrative assistant in the mobilization center.
- Responsible for managing the CSA conference room schedule, including booking guests, managing requests, and ensuring proper use of the room from all constituents.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations team and Service Requirement Coordinator to organize graduation recognition events (i.e., stole purchasing, senior gifts, etc.)
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Able to manage relationships, both nationally and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate needs and questions
- Knowledge of office practice procedures and understanding of international travel.
- Experience with customer service, preferably in a higher education setting
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Quicken, File Maker Pro
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.