Managing Director, Career Learning and Experience
Job Location Marvin Center - 800 21st St NW - FB0021
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom
Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA)
College/School/Department: Not Applicable
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Internal Applicants Only? No
Position Type: Administrative/Professional
Posting Number: Staff - 003359
Working Title: Managing Director, Career Learning and Experience
Work Schedule: Monday through, Friday 9 am - 6 pm, occassional nights and weekends required
Total Hours Per Week: 40+
Pay Grade: 0
Recruitment Salary Range: mid-$80,000's
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification, Credit
If other was selected above, or there are special requirements, please explain.
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Job Open Date: 04/09/2014
Job Close Date: 05/01/2014
Open Until Filled: No
Applicant Review Will Commence On: 04/09/2014
III. JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
Job Description Summary:
Direct and enrich the Career Learning and Experience (CLE) unit of the GW Center for Career Services driven by the university-wide Career Services Enhancement Initiative and Strategic Plan. Lead and inspire a team of 10 professional staff to provide individualized career and industry consulting and programming to support and track undergraduate student progress on the GW MyCareerSuccessPlan. Serve as a thought partner for the Assistant Provost for University Career Services and member of the university-wide Career Services Council, and Center for Career Services Leadership Team, to develop and implement strategic, innovative career development opportunities for GW students and alumni.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 6-7 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Progressively responsible experience in career services, higher education, student affairs, training and development, human resources, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience and success managing high performance, results-driven career/professional development or student services teams fostering collaboration and produce results in a complex environment.
-Ability to set high standards,motivate and organize team members to deliver outstanding service and results.
-Ability to effectively prioritize work and team resources based on strategic goals and thinking.
- Experience working with college students, particularly undergraduates.
- Experience managing a comprehensive career services unit and staff with demonstrated knowledge and skills in career development, including career assessment: career and college student development, training and adult learning, occupational, industry, and career resources, internship and job search, and career counseling and consulting.
- Knowledge of the career development profession, educational frameworks, resources and tools, operational standards and issues, and student professional development needs.
- Ability to develop effective assessment methods and processes to generate data to measure, track, and report outcomes and utilize the data to support continuous improvement.
- Technical skills, particularly with Symplicity or other career services management systems. Experience working with web-based, online technologies, social media, and Microsoft Office or other productivity software. Able to learn and utilize other systems, applications, and tools.
- Excellent marketing, project and event management, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing and allocating budgets and other resources.
- Experience cultivating and managing volunteers.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by May 1 will receive priority for review.
Provide strategic direction for the career development functions delivered by the Career Learning and Experience unit in the GW Career Center, including the comprehensive creation, implementation, delivery and evaluation of educational career learning initiatives for GW students and alumni. Oversee and direct integrated program delivery related to career learning, including career assessment; career consulting and coaching services; skill building and educational activities; industry-related and employment activities; career development; job search workshops; and internship, mentor, and networking activities.
Oversee the development, delivery and evaluation of ongoing career education initiatives by providing effective, high quality, student-focused career programs and services managed by the career development staff. Facilitate the foundational and advanced career development of students and alumni guided by the Student Learning Outcomes of the GW Career Success Plan; the introductory assessment services and professional skills training for foundational career development; and the industry-specific knowledge cluster consulting and advanced industry skill training in the career clusters, which may include: Arts, Media and Communication; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; Health, Medicine, Nursing and Public Health; Law, International Affairs and Development, Government and Public Policy; Business and Economics; and Education, Training and Social Services. Develop and manage process to qualitatively and quantitatively track student participation in the GW Career Success Plan by student, class, year and school.
Select, train, supervise,and evaluate staff members responsible for assessment, career development, training and industry resources and education. Lead assessment, skill buildin, and industry consultant staff to create and manage new, and enhance existing, top value student opportunities and experiences. Conduct unit and individual staff meetings to develop and strengthen unit and sub-unit functions and staff members' professional capacities.
Establish and enhance collaborative, university-wide partnerships with colleagues in Student Affairs and other divisions as well as with special constituencies, including parents, alumni, students, faculty and staff. Ensure seamless, high-quality collaborations through demonstration of professional standards, practices and processes.
Participate in managing the overall strategic direction and operations of the GW Career Center as a member of the Leadership Team, including establishing, monitoring and evaluating performance goals and managing and allocating budgets, materials and other resources. Serve as a member of the Career Services Advisory Council.
Perform other work-related duties as assigned, including but not limited to, participating in and supporting GW Career Center special events and activities, representing the GW Career Center at university-wide events and activities and serving on GW Career Center committees. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What job market trends will have the greatest impact on undergraduate students in the next 5 years?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the most important thing we can do, related to career and professional development, to prepare undergraduates for their future?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.PI75495012