Coordinator - Financial Aid
Summary of Responsibilities
The coordinator of financial aid manages and coordinates financial aid for assigned programs, such as direct loans, Worker Retraining, Opportunity Grant, BFET, scholarships, and veterans’ programs as determined by the financial aid director. This position also provides customer service and processing support to the financial aid office in general. This is an exempt, professional-technical position that reports to the associate director of financial aid.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Three or more years direct work experience in financial aid, including file review and awarding, scholarship, student loan programs and fund reconciliation
- Experience in workforce and veterans’ programs preferred
- Thorough knowledge of financial aid regulations and electronic processing systems; ability to work accurately and efficiently in numerical analysis required
- Knowledge of computerized financial management accounting systems and Microsoft Office programs; previous experience with the state community and technical college financial aid system preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide quality services to students and apply communication techniques to work effectively with students, employees, vendors, other state agencies, contractors and other persons who have contact with the college
- Ability to work effectively within a team office environment and with a high level of multicultural awareness
- Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
REQUIRED: You must apply for this job through the college's online application process at http://www.lwtech.edu.
LW Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer