INSTRUCTOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPT. CHAIR - TEACHER EDUCATION
DEPT. CHAIR TEACHER EDUCATION
Serve as Dept. Chair of Teacher Education. Teach Education courses. Introduction to Teaching, Foundations of Education, fieldwork/practicum seminar and supervision, Early Childhood curriculum
• Fulfill all full-time faculty responsibilities as stipulated in the faculty contract
• Maintain a proactive role in academic and curricular review
• Design/develop and evaluate curriculum including the updating of Learning Activity Plans and degree sheets
• Incorporate and utilize technology in the classroom
• Develop and teach online course(s)
• Provide academic advisement and tutoring
• Serve on at least one (1) college/division committee
• Participate in outcomes assessment activities at the course, department and institutional level
• Hold office hours all times classes are in session and
• In addition to daytime courses may be expected to have an evening or weekend assignment.
Required Qualifications: Masters in Education AND five years teaching/supervising experience in Early Childhood/Childhood classrooms Pre-K-Grade 6+ and college level teaching experience in the discipline.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate, community college teaching experience and the ability to teach more than one discipline.
Starting Rank and Salary: Academic rank and salary are commensurate with credentials and experience.
Submit Resumes to:
Rockland Community College
Human Resources Office
145 College Rd
Suffern, NY 10901
or email resumes to email@example.com
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment.
Open until filled.
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.