Customer Service Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor
Requisition Number: STFR001464
Division/College: Residential Life
FT/PT: Full Time
The Customer Service Supervisor works to oversee the Center for University Life’s Customer Service area and will supervise the customer service representatives to ensure that students, parents, and internal clients are assisted in matters relating to the areas of Housing & Residential Life. This position carries significant responsibility because of the time sensitive information that must be accurately conveyed to all staff and customers. This is a highly visible position requiring constant customer contact via telephone and in-person visitors and the ability to provide assistance to the point of problem resolution. The goal of the supervisor will provide assistance with training and evaluation of the Customer Service team who must provide the necessary assistance related to Housing & Residential Life concerns so that need to refer the client to another staff person/department will be minimized. The Supervisor will directly train the Customer Service Representatives in every function and will provide ongoing training with new policies and procedures throughout the year as the cycles and processes change. Because student demand for housing, policies, procedures and deadlines, etc. change every year, the training component is very important and dynamic. Often there are daily updates and training needs during our busier cycles and this will be the key responsibility of this person to keep the Customer Service Representatives informed and well-versed with our processes and policies. The supervisor will also be ultimately responsible for the daily maintenance and presentation of the front office area of the Center for University Life in Speare Commons. This person must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment; possess the ability to multi-task; handle confidential information in a sensitive manner; and communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse student, parent and staff population. The representative is a key member of the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Division as they support the institution’s student-centered mission. The manager will need to be flexible with his/her hours and may be required to work outside the normal business hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm to assist the department with overall coverage until 7pm Monday – Thursday.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years related office experience, preferably in college/university environment and
- Some experience with supervision and/or advising.
- Customer Service Skills: Professionalism; Diplomatic; Reliable and consistent service; Ability to assess problems and customer needs; Able to handle difficult customers and situations.
- Excellent Organization Skills.
- Knowledge of PCs, Word, Excel
- Strong Communication Skills: listen well; good verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high traffic environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
- Willingness and ability to adapt and learn quickly new policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and support a team environment.
- Must be able adjust to a flexible work schedule as needed (i.e. work until 7PM Monday through Thursdays through either an 11 – 7 schedule M-Th and traditional Friday schedule, or an extended 4-day work week Monday – Thursday). Some weekend and other later evenings through the fall opening and housing selection time periods may be required.
Ideal candidate: outgoing, detail-oriented team player that is able to communicate clearly to a diverse student, parent, and staff population.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.