Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 350 Orleans
Home Department: Admission
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 2009, TCS Education System is a nonprofit enterprise built on the premise that business success and social impact need not be mutually exclusive. Operating as an efficient business with a mission clearly rooted in advancing the greater good, the system includes: a network of specialized institutions that offer an effective approach to higher education; early childhood and K-12 schools that deliver progressive, evidence-based curriculum to change the face of childhood education in our nation; a foundation that attracts charitable contributions to support our schools and their social change endeavors; and more. Our ongoing business success coupled with our social change mission unifies our organization and distinguishes TCS Education System from any other educational system today.
We are currently searching for an Admissions Counselor to join our Chicago Office.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for online and/or online-blended degree programs. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
This position is located in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Clearly articulates the mission and value of the designated higher education affiliate institution(s) to prospective undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Provides superior customer service to students through the entire admission process.
- Consistently achieves performance goals for each term (6+ per year) by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process.
- Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process. Completes an average of 100 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducts telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Makes decisions and/or recommendations concerning admission, appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Produces accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 1 year sales experience or similar background is required (telesales preferred).
- Previous online admissions experience is preferred but not required.
- The ability to work evenings and some Saturdays is required.
- Infrequent travel may also be required.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
For more information about TCS Education System and our affiliates visit www.tcsedsystem.edu
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PI75398310