Speech Pathologist II
Outpatient Pediatric Feeding Therapist
The Pediatric Unit of Medical Speech Pathology includes Speech Language Pathologists and represents over 75 years of experience and expertise providing for the needs of pediatric patients. Our primary site for service is housed within the state-of-the-art Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center located in the heart of the Vanderbilt Medical Center Campus. In addition, we support medical clinics housed in the Doctor's Office Tower of the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. On-site mentorship is available.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment and intervention serving children birth to 21 years in the areas of feeding
- Counseling of families, consultation with physicians, educators and other professionals serving our patients
- Documentation of services and contacts within the electronic medical record (based on facility timeline standards and using the appropriate documentation system.)
- Participation within specialty clinics
- Graduate Student Supervision
- Participation in departmental projects
- Masters Degree from a CAA Accredited Program
- ASHA CCC-SLP
- Tennessee Licensure or Eligibility for Tennessee Licensure in Speech Language Pathology
- Minimum of 5 years experience in pediatric service provision and no less than 2 years of feeding therapy experience
- Self-motivated individual
- Flexibility with regard to use of techniques, scheduling, and cross coverage
- Great communication Skills
- Good technical report writing skills
- **PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIVIDUALS WITH EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE (NO LESS THAN 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE SERVING PEDIATRIC FEEDING CASES) IN MEDICAL SPEECH PATHOLOGY TREATMENT IN A HIGH VOLUME OUTPATIENT CLINIC OR PEDIATRIC INPATIENT UNIT. EXTENSIVE WORK IN PEDIATRIC FEEDING ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT IS REQUIRED AND TRAINING IN A VARIETY OF FEEDING THERAPY TECHNIQUES IS EXPECTED.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred but not required.
This is a full-time position. 40 hours/week (8-hour shifts plus lunch Monday through Friday)
Shift: Possible combination of 7:00 a.m. -4:00p.m., 7:30a.m.-4:30p.m., 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m., 9:00a.m.-6:00p.m. or other configurations that meet the department's operational need of serving patients and families.
Job requires Masters and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Licensed Speech Pathologist, ASHA Certification in Speech Pathology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Medical Center East (MCE) - South Tower
Organization Hearing And Speech 104782PI75387770