.NET Developer/Software Engineer
.NET Developer position with Vanderbilt University. This is a full-time position and will be part of a team. Required skills include C# development, Visual Studio and Object Oriented design. Principles of MVC architecture, familiarity with AJAX, WebServices and Responsive Web Design are preferred.
Under general supervision, formulates/defines specifications for complex software in a modern object oriented environment. Designs, codes, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with original program development of support of locally developed programs, but with connectivity to institutional programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications. May have responsibility for the evaluation of new and existing software products. May assist other programmers to effectively utilize the developed software, and as a member of a larger programming team.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Develop or modify moderately complex software
- Produce clearly written, logical application code with minimal errors. Code must be easily extensible following principles of object oriented design
- Adhere to internal software installation/backup
- Adhere to quality and programming standards
- Adhere to common design patterns
- Include clear documentation of application modifications and/or development activities as they occur
- Ensure appropriate documentation for all development and modification
- Provide full documentation of code, to include higher-level block diagrams and functional level textual descriptions. Identify complex logic area and documents the design tradeoffs and approach taken.
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data.
- Follow change management procedures.
- Adhere to confidentiality and security policies and procedures.
- Test and verify accuracy of data.
- Provides adequate security through identification of user types in conjunction with the user department.
- Performs design reviews and technical reviews when appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to users
- Provide expert level support for problem determination and resolution
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with other workers and customers
- Provide on-call support during and after business hours
- Maintains familiarity with emerging techniques and technologies related to current assignments
Job requires Bachelor's and 3 years of experience or the equivalent.
C#, Visual Studio, MVC Architecture, WebServices
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization App Development 152550PI75387758