Social Worker II - NICU - Children's Hospital
This position is in NICU.
Must be able to work on-call, rotating holidays, and weekends.
Experience in medical, bereavement, addiction issues and/ or child protection preferred.
Provides psychosocial assessment of and brief targeted intervention for social, emotional and environmental issues that impact client/family ability to optimally benefit from care. Actively collaborates with team to meet client care, outcome management and system improvement goals. Must hold a current Tennessee Social Work Certification. (Candidates who have recently (within 3 months) graduated from an approved graduate school of social work or have moved to TN from another State (within 3 months of application)are allowed a three month provision to complete/obtain certification.)
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Completes psychosocial assessment (appropriate to patient type and reason for referral) to assist team in development of a care plan
- Obtains information basic to psychosocial assessment and information related to diagnosis/treatment experiences, age, developmental stage, life style, personality (traits/disorders) and psychopathology
- Interprets significance of assessment information to patient/family ability to utilize/benefit from care
- Provides brief, targeted intervention for identified clients
- Identifies, based on psychosocial assessment, problems/issues for intervention and outcomes desired
- Chooses and utilizes appropriate brief intervention/counseling techniques
- Accesses internal and external resources on clients' behalf
- Measure interventions against expected outcomes and modifies as indicated
- Provides education/consultation to client/family, treatment team and community
- Communicates psychosocial impact of diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment interventions
- Adapts communication to needs/level of understanding of audience
- Determines comprehension and need for repetition, revision of methods
- Maintains timely documentation
- Consistently meets department and VUMC documentation standards
- Integrates practice and institutional expectations
- Aligns professional with departmental and institutional goals
- Complies with standards, policies/procedures, laws and regulations
- Identifies need for professional growth and seeks appropriate professional development opportunities
- Contributes to program development designed to meet joint goals
Job requires Masters of Social Work and 2 years of experience or related experience. Previous Medical and Pediatric Social Work Experience strongly preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Licensed Master Social Worker
Job Social Work/Mental Health/Other Therapies
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Organization Pediatric Social Work 209324PI75387774