Coordinator of Administration & Communications - Pratt Center (1387)
Pratt Center for Community Development is a professionally staffed planning and policy center located within Pratt Institute that works collaboratively with academic departments on community-based and citywide projects. This position is responsible for assisting with the Center’s general administration and office operations, as well as communications, media outreach and events.
- Provide technical support Pratt Center Senior Staff in the development and implementation of a communications strategy for the organization, including web, print media, and social media. Support may include research, organizing discussions and meetings, etc.
- Support communications projects including preparation and distribution of quarterly newsletters, press releases, etc. Support may include graphic design and layout using pre-designed templates, drafting media releases and other content for publication, using social media to promote Pratt Center events, etc
- Manage the Vertical Response database/s and work with Pratt Center Senior Staff to investigate potential other database options
- Assist Pratt Center Senior Staff in the coordination of events, including the Center’s 50th Anniversary
- Assist Office Manager in ensuring all administrative needs of staff are met, including supplies, keys, “clean team,” holiday décor, plants, & petty cash
- Assist Office Manager and Senior Staff in liaising with Pratt Institute Student Employment, Internship and Financial Aid departments regarding the engagement of students
- Assist Office Manager and Senior Staff in ensuring facilities needs of Pratt Center staff are met
- Support the development and facilitation of data management systems for Pratt Center projects
- Manage contracts of major equipment including copiers, plotter, printers, laptops, projectors
- Schedule and coordinate all-staff meetings & events
- Provide routine administrative support to Director and Deputy Director, i.e., schedule appointments/events/meetings, generate correspondence and mailings, etc., as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Non-Profit Management, Communications or a related field. Educational background in Urban Studies, Urban Planning or a related field a plus. Master Degree in a relevant field a plus.
Experience: 2-3 years communications, administrative, non-profit management, project management or other relevant experience.
Skills: Strong writing and verbal communication skills, data management capabilities, interpersonal skills, strategic problem solving ability, and analytic skills. We seek someone who is extremely well organized and has the interest and ability to implement improved systems for successful office administration.
Other: “Team player” attitude, positive work ethic, patience, and sense of humor are essential. Interest in Pratt Center’s mission and projects is highly desired. Pratt is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.Required Skills