Program Manager, Eng.Tech./Adv.Mfg. (ManufacturingTDI) (140025)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This Program Manager (grants) position reports to the Director of Applied Technology and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Corporate College. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing activities relating to the development, organization and implementation of a deliverable-based program or initiative. The position requires the Manager to have both program and project management skills and the most current information and knowledge of procedures and regulations related to that program discipline. Work requires the analysis of complex problems, planning of various time-dependant interrelated activities, diverse office administration in support of the program, and the coordination of multiple projects or functions.
- Review and submit quarterly budget and programmatic reports to the Director.
- Development and implementation of project work plans to ensure successful completion of contract deliverables.
- Spearhead, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all Project partnerships, interactions, and activities with industry throughout the grant service area, including integration of industry workforce development needs curriculum content.
- Coordinate with the Director to identify, create, and plan appropriate class offerings for either Credit or Non-Credit courses.
- Development of partnerships with educational institutions, workforce boards, program related businesses and business/industry statewide; participates in partner functions.
- Development of plans for monitoring and analyzing the statewide educational and training needs of businesses and industries within the scope of the grant’s objectives.
- Identification of Industry or Program relevant certifications, credentials, and best practices appropriate to the project or initiative.
- Coordinate staff and self-attendance at technical assistance workshops to ensure the Project staff has the most current information and knowledge of College procedures and regulations.
This position is a level P15. target="_blank">here to ensure our pay ranges are within your compensation expectations. Generally, for exempt positions starting salaries are between the minimum and the midpoint (benchmark). For Career (non-exempt positions), it is between a Step 0 and a Step 5 on the appropriate level.Required Skills
- Project Management
- Experience working with budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in an educational type of office environment
- Knowledge of Genesis (or similar) computer system
- Good organizational skills with special attention to details
- Working knowledge of the Project discipline or subject matter area
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate technical field or business/related field relevant to the program.
A Graduate degreeExperience Required
5 - 7 years experience in project management/business/teacher/training/administrator environment.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leaves, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers.
- Reference checks and Level II background checks (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- A completed online application consists of an electronic job application and a current resume. Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL TRANSCRIPTS: For professional/salaried positions, submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer. Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Eligible candidates who wish to claim Veterans' Preference for positions in qualifying categories must submit, at the time of application, the VETERANS' PREFERENCE Documentation Form and other required documentation, for consideration.
- Note: Relocation assistance is NOT provided for this position.
- This position will close on 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.