C T Technologist
Performs Computed Tomography procedures in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures to ensure the best possible patient care services are delivered.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Performs all computed Tomography procedures according to established department protocols.
- Perform appropriate volume of procedures according to patient load
- Ensures that the correct patient information, technical settings and appropriate slice thickness are entered prior to scanning
- Prepares and administers oral and Intravenous contrast media according to established
- Performs venipuncture when needed using sterile technique
- Completes appropriate patient documentation
- Displays working knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Processes, records, and archives images for evaluation, interpretation and maintenance purposes.
- Completes filming of all cases in a timely fashion according to radiologists' requirements.
- Completes processes to send image data to PACS
- Performs all tasks associated with the proper execution of a CT examination in accordance with the established department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Accepts assignments from supervisor is positive manner; recognizes and performs duties that need to be accomplished although not routine.
- Restock and maintains assigned work area/equipment in an orderly fashion and ensures that emergency kit is accurately supplied and dated.
- Performs necessary cleaning of room and equipment
- Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, beds and radiographic imaging tables.
- Uses appropriate restraint devices as needed
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Completes patient exam in RIS
- Reviews materials and exam charges, edits/corrects as necessary
- Reviews patient exam information in WIZ, edits as necessary
- Performs visual maintenance checks on all equipment used and reports all malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Perform quality assurance procedures
- Provides clear concise information regarding mechanical problems and service needs
- Records all equipment downtimes in department log and notifies appropriate personnel according to department procedures.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff, and self according to prescribed safety standards.
- Wears and maintains dosimeter badge in a proper fashion.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance to radiation safety practices
- Communicate with hospital staff and physicians in the performance of CT Scan procedures to exchange pertinent patient information.
- Assists in scheduling of routine and emergency exams
- Handles calls with courtesy and efficiency
- Communicates identified patient related problems using the appropriate chain of command
- Participates in On-call coverage as needed to ensure 24 hour a day coverage
- Displays flexibility, volunteers to work odd shifts as workload demands
- Demonstrates competency in performing all procedures, age range from neonatal to geriatric
- Demonstrates capability of explaining procedures to patient, considers patient's comfort during procedure, understands emotional response when procedure is completed.
- Demonstrates respect for patient's right to privacy, all matters handled in confidential manner.
- Abides by professional code of ethics
- Assists to identify patient and family learning needs and provides pertinent information regarding the procedure that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient and significant other
- Provides verbal education regarding procedure performed that is appropriate for age and level of learning to the patient/significant other.
- Completes all documentation forms as required by department.
- Completes incident forms and risk management forms in timely manner
- Completes patient education forms and discharge forms in timely manner
Job requires Graduate of an accredited discipline specific program and 0 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Organization Computed Tomography 201497PI75387769